Fly Tying
Kimo

February Flies from the Vise

Cream, you certainly have my attention! Have you fished it? Does it keel right side up? I'm assuming (and you know what they say about that) it is an articulated pattern? Inquiring minds....

Water is starting to drop her in South Florida and I'm getting real twitchy!

GP here is most of materials. Thin skin is 1/4 inch and tapered after first 3rd of hook. Use lead wraps from that point tan thread also for better eyes use stretch craft cord from Walmart. Will provide pics on it as well.

post-61305-0-47641800-1518467534_thumb.jpeg

post-61305-0-43057000-1518467557_thumb.jpeg

I will do a proper post with pics latter but essential is tail is mated 2 pheasant necks. Thin skin to match the color your trying for. In previous post that was my golden version. The crawdad orange uses different dubbing skin and zonker strips but same recipe which I put together from many patterns. Also tie in mandibles on top side hook antenna on opposing side of hook with dubbing ball to spay both then thin skin then eyes.

Ready to fish.

Richmond Flies 2018 017.jpg

Because I am an idiot, I keep listening to you guys who tout small flies. I know size 10 isn't small to a lot of you, but to me they are. I can see hour upon hour 2 inch Bluegill and Spotted Sunfish !!!

Richmond Flies 2018 018.jpg

Ready to fish.

attachicon.gifRichmond Flies 2018 017.jpg

Because I am an idiot, I keep listening to you guys who tout small flies. I know size 10 isn't small to a lot of you, but to me they are. I can see hour upon hour 2 inch Bluegill and Spotted Sunfish !!!

attachicon.gifRichmond Flies 2018 018.jpg

Love those mini baitfish flies Mike

Thank you. I'm hoping they prove to be effective, they're actually fun to "tie".

Could you put up a recipe ?