Tail: Boar's Hair
Abdomen: Blue Wire - Small, Stripped Peacock Quill - Mustard
Wingcase: Medallion Sheeting - Mottled Brown, Loon UV Resin
Thorax: Hare's Mask Guard Hair, Black and Gold

29060511_1925788490765783_70288379752873
Kimo

Flaming UV Betty

Pretty stuff!

Liked the way you slipped in your mark but I do like your stonefly logo.

Kimo

Thank you, Kimo.

I will be using some of these images for a gallery project and don't want to have my giant logo on plastered them, but need to inconspicuously embed my trademark. However, I do appreciate your feedback on my stonefly logo.

Keep tying your great Tarchers. I may have to test out that style and your creative adaptations.

Do you add a ballast weight in the thorax to ensure proper orientation in the water? I have also noticed that when I fish with curved shank hooks, I get some degree line twisting (depending on the curvature of the hook and weight placement), so I use a micro swivel instead of a tippet ring in my rigging to ameliorate the issue. This was a deal-breaking issue with my old Stinger Stone for Umpqua Feather Merchants. The darn fly spun like a top against the current or when lifting up to make the next cast.

Flaming UV Betty

Pretty stuff!

Liked the way you slipped in your mark but I do like your stonefly logo.

Kimo

Thank you, Kimo.

I will be using some of these images for a gallery project and don't want to have my giant logo on plastered them, but need to inconspicuously embed my trademark. However, I do appreciate your feedback on my stonefly logo.

Keep tying your great Tarchers. I may have to test out that style and your creative adaptations.

Do you add a ballast weight in the thorax to ensure proper orientation in the water? I have also noticed that when I fish with curved shank hooks, I get some degree line twisting (depending on the curvature of the hook and weight placement), so I use a micro swivel instead of a tippet ring in my rigging to ameliorate the issue. This was a deal-breaking issue with my old Stinger Stone for Umpqua Feather Merchants. The darn fly spun like a top against the current or when lifting up to make the next cast.

Thanks,

Yes, under the thorax. I'm fishing lakes so it's not as much of an issue.

Not sure what they are mistaking it for but they usually take it on the drop.

Kimo

Kimo,

Those are really something. And thanks for the video. It showed up on YouTube today.

And now, switching gears...

post-52874-0-93274200-1521843516_thumb.jpeg

Kimo,

Everything you post is just killer looking.

Id love sit down and tie with you for an hr.

Thanks Guy!

Kimo