Fly Tying
hunthicks

Green Partridge

Great Wet, those catch cutthraot like no other here in WA. Thats about the most dressed I have ever seen, great job.

Thanks guys! I love tying these type of flies, they give you endless color and hackle combinations. I've made them with many hackle types: snipe, woodcock, different grouse and partirdge, quail, waterfowl, even some common birdfeeder type birds which lose feathers or let the cat get a little too close wink.gif

I do alot of trolling in a huge marsh, that interconnects 10 or so shallow, remote lakes, and these flies are a favorite of the brook trout, and even attract perch, shiners and gaspreau to take. They also are a good change up when the early morning hatches come off and the brookies aren't taking the dry flies you throw anymore. I've also caught a few large browns using this green partridge pattern.

The current contest in American Angler is for soft hackles. Entries must be submitted by mid-May. See the March issue for details. I think your fly definitely should be entered.

I'm going to tie up a few of my other favorite wets this weekend, using some other types of soft hackle. Hopefully i'll be able to get my brothers/dad's camera Monday and post some more pictures. biggrin.gif

That is a cool fly you have made me dig out all my game bird hackles, thanks its about time I put some of them to use.