Fly Tying
xterrabill

Games

Anyone ever try any fly fishing games?

I found one that is pretty good called "Fly Fishing Simulator HD".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pishtech.ffshd&hl=en_US

I am playing the free version and it lets you tie flies, if you have bluestacks on your home computer (emulates Andriod) you can play it.

https://www.bluestacks.com/

9 hours ago, xterrabill said:

I'll admit I tried one a little over 20 years ago. I thought some of the "sounds" it made were peaceful/pleasant/relaxing (I think that the audio was the best part).  I told my dad I felt silly sitting in front of the computer waiting for the fish to bite!  : )  It was just as realistic though as "computer golf".   It was amusing for a day or two, and it was free software. Surely they have improved the software by now.   :)  I might check it out now just to see some nice trout streams!  I definitely woudn't be interested in a "Minecraft" (i.e. pixelated) version.

8 hours ago, Bill_729 said:

over 20 years

This game was designed by a fly fishermen/tier/software developer , when or if you play it and you get to the steelhead streams in Oregon you might find its does contain some realism in the fighting, the tying is time consuming but when I tied my personal favorite pattern it proved worth my effort.

yes it is silly and a time waster I agree, but I think a beginner fly fishermen could actually learn something from this game, it was well thought out, the casting almost makes your body move as if you are casting for real after you get the hang of it (played with mouse control).

would I buy the full version? maybe..... if I had ten bucks to burn (limited offer due to convid), I have played it for 2 days and actually enjoyed it, sadly I think I am almost at the limit of the free version (including extra free offer).

I would be willing to bet more then a few folks here would also enjoy this game.

21 hours ago, xterrabill said:

yup every time i go fishing it seem to be a game between me and the damn fish 😀