Fly Tying
Alex C.

Hex swap

You can't begin to understand how much fun this is to me, because I first have to tell you that I once hosted a Swap for 15 guys who took a lot of convincing because they where not sure that they could ty acceptable CdC flies. When the Swap came to its conclusion the tension rose, because everyone had really done his best. They waited and waited untill I had no other choice then to confess that I had lost all the entrants flies!! I kept them in a marked plastic bag which I stowed away with my flytying stuff. Each time when I received a new package I put it in the bag and posted a message on the forum.

I certainly am not the best one to clean up, that's the stuff my wife does and so it happened that when our daughter concluded University and came back home to live with us we had a lot of mess to clean up to make room for her. Our guess is that that's when my Swap was sent out with the thrash.

The reactions on the forum were hilarious, everyone made fun and laughed and no bad word was written, they even didn't want any compensation. It really made me famous.

I took it on me tro rety all the flies, 15 times 15 CdC's were sent out three weeks later.

So now I say to you: "What the heck are you moaning about?"

Ty some extra flies and send them out with the Swap and if you find mine you can go fishing with them, Okay? biggrin.gif hysterical.gif yahoo.gif ive_been_ripped.gif

I appreciate your understanding SJO, but I really enjoy paricipating and hosting swaps, and I would hate to have someone not join a swap I'm hosting because they might be worried there flys would get lost. Sure it might not be a big deal to you but is is to me. I will find them, they are here.

Hey OlB,

Good to hear you got them alright. You can wait on sending mine if need be. I've never fished a hex hatch around here but I know they're around as I've seen adults time to time. Hope the flies look alright, I kind of threw that pattern together pretty fast. Not sure how they'll fish either.... They should profile correctly tho....

Jeff

The last couple nights Guess what? (the Hex spinner fall has started)

I'm going to grayling tomorrow night, for my first Hex trip, hopefully I'll be able to see some bugs, don't reallI catch anything or not

tongue.gif tongue.gif Looks like i get the first response on these flies..Man i am very diappointed withthe flie i sent.......... mad.gif These are some of the best set of flies or for that matter from a swap yet.....I really was out of my league on this one........These might not get a chance to see water.Think i will use them for copies to work on..

Guys you all have done a great job..OLB Skunk,with ever you call yourself now biggrin.gif Thank you very much for hosting this swap...this is one for the books i think.You are going to have and post some good pic's of these.Leave mine out if you would sad.gif Again thanks to all swappers on this one.

tt

Hi everyone,

I received my flies as well. Everyone did a great job. I never use any of my swap flies but that's just me. It's not that I'm afraid of fishing them, just afraid of losing a fly then that swap set will be one fly short and that would annoy me.... I am going to put together a large case with all my swap flies in them. OLB, are you going to post pics?? I can take some pics as well, but I moved recently and no Internet yet... but I can upload stuff at my brothers.

Trout Trav. I only took a brief look at the flies last night as I got home late and don't really recall which one was yours but I'm sure it's fine. I didn't see any disapointing flies in the lot. OLB, I threw in one extra for you, it was the prototype (i.e. first tie) If any of you fish the flies I tied, let me know how they sit on the water etc... because that would be interesting to see if they set up correctly...

Thanks,

Jeff

Got mine the other day... very nice bunch! I was hoping to hit the hex this weekend but my partner backed out at the last minute wallbash.gif Alas, maybe next year for me sad.gif

Great job everybody and thanks again OLB for hosting!

Kelvin

I finally got to open mine today, nice flies! Thanks everyone for the flies and thanks to OLB for hosting! thumbup.gif

hi olb ,just wondering if you have sent the flies to me yet as havent recieved them,post normally takes about 7-10 days to get here

regards welshtyer

All the flys tied by guys from different countries went out the other day, I was hoping to find Sjo's and include them but I just don't know where in the hell they went mad.gif You guys are still getting one heck of a great group oif flys though

I FOUND SJO's FLYS!!!!!!!!!! yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Tomorrow or the next day I'll PM each of you and get your address' so you can get your last fly from this swap laugh.gif Or just PM me your addy before then.

They were in my kids' play room laugh.gif