Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Latest addition

Just finished up airbrushing this new body for my latest addition to the Rc collection. This car does 85mph so I figured it needed to look the part as well

gjcJm5F.jpg

b97BCDa.jpg

4fCv0Qr.jpg

Rzf1Rz0.jpg

iu41FCU.jpg

Ml7budA.jpg

😁

"Scale" 85?  Or actually 85 mph?  Hard to keep it in radio range at those speeds, no?

Beautiful pain job, Steve.

It's 1/7th scale (about 28" long) does 85mph. Yeah you need a lot of room to open it up fully. The 2.4ghz Radios these days have a really long distance they transmit, much further than we had back in older days. The TX's these days have between 650-1250ft of range on them for a surface vehicle depending on which TX you have, which is much further than my old eyes can even see 😄

Figured I'd post this here rather than start a new topic. I FINALLY got this car out for its first ever run today. Have owned it for a few months now but just between the rod business being so busy this year, and many other projects I've been working on, I had not got around to charging the packs and taking this one out yet. So finally took a break this evening and got it out. It's what I would call Stupid Fast 😬 Way too fast for the parking lot I took it too. With the current gearing it'll hit 70mph, but I couldn't get it up over probably 50mph tonight because I would run out of room so fast. So gonna tryin find a larger lot to take it to next time.

It'll smoke the tires on full throttle which is fun, but the downside to that is I ran it for about 15mins and the tires are already about 15-20% worn, and at $32 a pair that could get costly. It's definitely a blast to run that's for sure.

Honestly, back when I was a kid, my favorite toy was when I would go to the local hardware store with Dad and he would buy me one of those old balsa wood rubber band airplanes. When I was a kid there was always at least a half doz of those planes stuck in the neighbors tree on any given week LOL