Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Saltybum

Custom hand painted fly box

Just finished this recycling of an old cigar box. The tarpon and fly are painted with acrylics and clear coated. Dimensions are 9"x7.75"x2" deep.

This would be a very nice item for your man cave or coffee table along with Andy Mills book.

Asking $165.00 shipped. Flies not included.

I hope to be doing several flats fish in the near future ( bonefish, permit, reds, snook, seatrout).

I will also do commissions of your fish of choice and on your box if you are a cigar smoker.

post-44758-0-49072800-1449606270_thumb.jpg

post-44758-0-82783500-1449606294_thumb.jpg

post-44758-0-14546600-1449606381_thumb.jpg

post-44758-0-33388000-1449606415_thumb.jpg

Wow! That's an incredible job.The detail is incredible. It that a clinch knot on the hook?

Holly Cow Salty I believe you have found your calling!!! That is beautiful, you are the Leonardo Da Vinci of fish portraits. Awesome job indeed, now I am going to have to keep my eye opened for cigar boxes at garage sales..How long did it take you from start to finish?

Got to be an improved clinch knot, since the tag end is facing forward.

Very pretty painting, Salty.

HA! Good call Mike. I guess it could be a Uni knot too then. You know the details are good when we can debate the type of knot

Thanks guys, you are very kind.

And yes a lot of hours...from sanding smooth the top to the final three coats of clear I'm guessing 8 hours easy. Hell the knot took an hour to paint itself. Just kidding, probably an hour on the fly and knot.

Since I'm a nobody compared to the likes of Don Ray or Guy Harvey here's a couple of my other paintings for reference. Prints are available for these too.

post-44758-0-71107100-1449757655_thumb.jpg

post-44758-0-66037300-1449758998_thumb.jpg

I don't know why you're a "nobody" ... those paintings are on par with most other modern day painters. Very good work.

Those are excellent paintings I think!!!! You definitely have found your calling...