Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NTS

Wax worm

Fishagan told me to try nymphskin I used it for some ice flies for my bros works real good!! But ridderbos told me about a cream rabbit fur brush that when it is wet is very real!!

IPB Image

Hook-Tiemco 2457 Size10

Black bead,white rabbit fur cut from hide and dubbed on for the under body of abdomnen,Thorax-White Super Bright Dubbing and white larve lace the body.

I tie another one on a Mustad 37160 using 3/16" strips of latex cut off a turnakit. Color the head then softex the fly.

Brent

That Sharks Caddis is the one I was telling ya about Day5. Tied just as it is but in a variation of sizes and colors and with different color beads. I would stick with the cream color yarn and vary the rabbit. You can use any color. Green, red,purple etc. Even blend some for a new look. My digi died so I can't get any pics of what I have done. I'll have to look when I get home but I have a certain brand of rabbit fur dubbing that I have found is superior for this fly. After you do a couple dozen ya get the hang of it and can get that sweet look that Rado has. And let me tell ya, when they get good and soaked with water they really come alive.

But that nymph skin wax worm I do is hard to beat. You put that in your palm with a real one and I'm telling ya, it's a perfect match. It's the color. I pulled in a boat load of perch and gills with it last year. I did add a gold bead to the head. Around here, gold is a good color for ice fishing.

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?act...36;s&showid=756