Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Topwater shrimps and Spoons

Kinda behind on stuff....

Experimented with Disco and Gurgler shrimp with glass rattles and took some of the "glitter fabric" from HobLob and tired some salty spoons with lead wraps underneath. Solarez when ever was needed. Oops sorry about the redundancy...

IMG_2409.jpg

The 5mm glass rattler...

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

Had to double the foam to make it float. Didn't have the sequins so made one outa plastic.

IMG_2486.jpg

Since I skipped tails and came off the eye call'em Bearded Spoons.

IMG_2319.jpg

Some more floaters with some pizzazz...

Made the sequins outa plastic. Doubled the foam make sure they float and added the 5mm glass rattle...

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

I took some 2/0 salty hooks bent shank in a curve, made teardrop shape with pen on "glitter fabric" , I call it, leaving 2 lil tabs to tie on fore and aft. Cut'em out with scissors. Then wrapped lead wire on shank. After tiring on a piece top and bottom took KrazeyGlue and made them together with concave shape best I could. Then UVd the whole thing couple of coats. Then jazzed em up with eyes/ legs. Shoulda done weed guards on some(eyes on front kinda weed guards). I made 3 more later w/o lead wraps, after trying them out at the lake. Nice flutter on the fall and wobble on the up take and no twisting. Haven't tried the unweighted yet...Went eye crazy.

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

You can see the 2 separate, top/ bottom where I failed to trim well...

IMG_2532.png

IMG_2584.jpg

Great stuff! I'm curious to hear how those gurgles with the discs work. Looks like it could be killer

Wasn't satisfied with the splash and not noisy pop so added foam on bottom now loud pop and rattles!

IMG_2542.jpg

Better version no sequin and double thick foam with generous pop head.

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg