Fly Tying
letumgo

Formal Dress Nymph (Variation of E.H. Rosborough's Casual Dress Nymph)

This fly is an homage to Polly Rosborough's "Casual Dress Nymph". His pattern used gray muskrat fur, while this one uses sable fur. I'm a big fan of Polly Rosborough's impressionistic flies and his "fuzzy nymph" philosophy. He was a fly tying pioneer.

I like the profile on the top fly. reminds me of a leach pattern should be very effective

very good fly, animal hair that is? :dunno: sable fur?. :baby:

I do not know, seems very good material. A HUG

Second

Segundo - Here is a picture of a sable. The fur I used came from a small piece I bought at one of the local fly shops many years ago. They had cut up an old fur coat and were selling pieces for fly tying. The fur is sometimes seen in very expensive fur coats. Any brown fur will work for this fly. Rabbit would also work nicely.

post-4573-1217894541_thumb.jpg

(Same text in Spanish) - (Aquí está una foto de un sable. La he usado pieles procedía de una pequeña pieza que compré en una de las tiendas locales volar hace muchos años. Se ha reducido hasta un viejo abrigo de pieles y se venden piezas para atar la mosca. La piel es a veces visto en muy caros abrigos de piel. Cualquier piel marrón trabajará para esta mosca. Conejo también funcionarán bien.)

Thanks guys.

Thank you for the information :headbang: , here there is, but it is similar to mink. The sable hair seems a bit harder than the rabbit. Again, thank you very much for the trouble and translation.

a hug :D

Second

Years ago --35 now?-- when I was assigned to a Communist country, I took to visiting one of the few private artisans still at work.

He was a furrier. I benefited from a bottom up view of what it was like coping with corrupt, grasping,leaders of the 'workers and peasants' and he got a bottle of Johnny Walker Red which we toasted each other with after hits of the local firewater.

I also got huge bags of trimmings from coats etc made of hides from exotic fur bearers. That trove is hardly dented to this day and has produced lots of great looking stuff for strip nymphs, streamers, and dry fly wings and dubbing materials. With my recent wising up to the dubbing loop technique whole new adventures in fly fly tying await.

The Formal Dress is next.

If you have a furrier around, buy a bottle of JD and give it a whirl.

Rocco