Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

What's laying on your table swap

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

SORRY...Swap is called off. Was an idea but probably not a very good one. Let this thread drift off into cyberspace.

Nick

#2 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

Shucks Man, I just re-organized my bench, down to orange level alert from Code Red flashing.

I am in for a dozen Gunfire-noise-suppressing poppers made from various foam ear protectors probably between size 2 and 2/0.....

Hope we have about 7 weeks until they are due, having major family medical travels back and forth to Montana. 

Taking the travel tying gear but it could be left locked in the truck or trunk the whole time, depending on rules for visitors, etc.

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎

#3 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

No big rush Ken. March 16th looks good to me to have them in time for the crappie and bass starting strong here.

By the way. I found the greater the decibel reduction of the earplugs the quieter pop they'd make. You could control the amount of pop by using different db reduction ear plugs. If you could find over a 32db reduction it was almost more of a slider than a popper.

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,449 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

not this time :)

QZBDR3f.jpg

Some of the worst car accidents happen on the showroom floor

#5 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

C'mon Norm, you moved that stuff to that table just to get that photo. Not even a anal old fart could keep his bench that clean. I do think this swap isn't gonna work though and might just put an end to it before it gets started.

#6 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Hmmm...
Left to drift in cyberspace... Ah! The possibilities...!
Bimini15

#7 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Hmmm...
Left to drift in cyberspace... Ah! The possibilities...!

That's it; a virtual swap.  Tie a fly and post 12 pictures of it online...

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#8 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

C'mon Norm, you moved that stuff to that table just to get that photo. Not even a anal old fart could keep his bench that clean. I do think this swap isn't gonna work though and might just put an end to it before it gets started.

How else you gonna get rid of 150 feet of Mac Yarn?
Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎