Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fish Pictures

• Please log in to reply
2528 replies to this topic

#2386 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,858 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:17 PM

Hmmmmm ... I don't THINK the water is that polluted.  We are close to the Gulf, though, so maybe ...

I love the colors of the fish down here.  I've rarely seen Sunfish so vibrant before.

Attached File  red ear 6-3-16.JPG   170.87KB   0 downloads

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#2387 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:23 PM

The one with the black and white face is the coolest.

#2388 The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:21 PM

Maddog ... have you ever fished (or heard of) Brice Creek?  Used to be my favorite water when I was stationed at Cherry Point.

If you're talking about the Brice Creek right off the Trent River,South of New Bern, yup..fished there a couple of times many moons ago

We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About

#2389 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,858 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

Oops, Mad Duck ... not Maddog.  Sorry about that.  Yeah, THAT Brice Creek.  T'was my favorite place back in the early 80's.

Mark, they call those "Copper Nosed Bluegill".  I'm not sure if that's just a colloquial name, or an actual sub-species.

Barbed hooks rule!

#2390 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

Oh yeah, I've heard of them before. Thanks.

#2391 The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

Oops, Mad Duck ... not Maddog.  Sorry about that.  Yeah, THAT Brice Creek.  T'was my favorite place back in the early 80's.

Mark, they call those "Copper Nosed Bluegill".  I'm not sure if that's just a colloquial name, or an actual sub-species.

Its been many years since I've been down that way. There was a LOT of damage to the  river systems in that part of the state from the back to back hurricanes last fall. Huge fish kills to dirty and non oxygenated water. I have heard that fishing in that part of the state took a real hit.

I fish farther NE of that area for the most part, Up around Plymouth/Jamesville area. Not as much impact from the hurricane run off in the NE part of the state.

#2392 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

Attached File  9254B825-B73D-4DD1-9520-FC935F19F8F8.jpeg   188.84KB   0 downloadsAttached File  16DF54B1-EABE-4C5D-991E-38A958FFD83C.jpeg   134KB   0 downloads

Sorry folks, no fly fishing yesterday, but I did manage to land my PB river largemouth at 5lbs, and my first ever smallmouth! Had to go all the way to central Ga to finally catch one! XD

Managed to navigate the shoals and rapids with only 1 accident. Caught a rock and swamped the kayak.
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#2393 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,858 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:10 AM

Very nice bass, Fisher !

Barbed hooks rule!

#2394 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,950 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

Nice ones FB.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2395 The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:57 PM

More Bluegills fall to the Mop Fly

BTW Steeldrifter..That pretty little Medalist is going on a new 3wt rod that should be coming soon !! wink.png

Attached Files

#2396 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,950 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

Should be a good match for it. Those blanks should be here by Wednesday, maybe even tomorrow.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2397 FishnPhil

FishnPhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

I didn't see another soul until I left, the water was still quite high, the fishing not so great, the bushwhacking extreme, I must have fallen/tripped 5-6 times, received a 3 inch slit on my wrist and some strange looking bruise like thing on the side of my face.

For monster fish, right? :D

All for this:

2ywbbxv.jpg

t8ommp.jpg

You can see the moon to the left of the 14,000ft+ peak

358wcxh.jpg

#2398 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

Pretty fish, pretty water, Phil

#2399 GC59

GC59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:48 AM

Attached File  IMG_0708.jpg   105.52KB   0 downloads fooled with a #14 dry attractor Attached File  IMG_0704.jpg   82.93KB   0 downloads

#2400 GC59

GC59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:15 AM

Attached File  IMG_0715.jpg   119.38KB   0 downloads fooled with a #10 pats rubber legs Attached File  IMG_0714.jpg   89.58KB   0 downloads