Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Where are you from?

30 replies to this topic

#16 artimus

artimus

What? a fly swap?..... I'M IN!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

I'm one of the many from Ontario on this board. Smack dab in the middle of SW ON. If i want to enjoy anything it is a 1 hour drive at the least.

Art
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.
----- Unknown -----

#17 MSUICEMAN

MSUICEMAN

When this baby hits 88mph...your gonna see some serious sh*t!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

is you use the insant map of michigan (see hand). I am at the outside of the base of the thumb. Then I have a place at about the bottom of the fingernail also.

steve
He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.

#18 sandflyx

sandflyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

S.E. PA., bucks co. 2 hours in any direction for some of the best fly fishin in the US. 40 miles N. of phila. 10 min. to the Delaware river. home of trout, stripers,sm. mouth bass, and shad on the fly. 2 hours and I'm on the jersey beach's fishin. for stripers, blue fish, weakfish,flounder and albies what more could you want, Oh yea I forgot about steelhead !

sandfly/bob

www.facebook.com/bigmeadowsflyshop/

N.J.B.B.A. #2215
fly tying and fishing instructor/shop owner

"I TIE FROM BILLFISH TO GUPPIE FLY'S" !
Fly Fishing and Tying Ghillie

#19 skeet3t

skeet3t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:16 AM

I live in southeastern Tennessee. Just 45 minutes to the Hiwassee River tailwater, one of the premier trout streams in the south. It's home to several double digit browns in the last couple of years, one was 15 lb. 10 oz. Ninety minutes to the mountains and the Tellico River corridor- good fishing and great scenery. Two hours to the Smoky Mountains and also the Clinch River, another great tailwater fishery. As to warmwater fishing, I'm right in the middle of a whole bunch of TVA and Army COE lakes. It's too bad that I have to work for a living and miss out on a lot of great places to fish.

John Torchick

So much water, so little time!
Enjoying the Creation, Praising the Creator!

#20 appalachian angler (tn.)

appalachian angler (tn.)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:58 PM

home is at the confluence of the Emory, Clinch and Tennesse rivers: the head of Watts Bar lake.
"If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies"

-- Bob Lawless.

#21 Preach

Preach

Official Spiritual Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:15 PM

Hey App Angler,

How far are you from Johnson City...Thats where I hail from?

Preach

Preach
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tight threads and tighter lines!

#22 schiff

schiff

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:19 PM

I'm from Montgomery County, Pa...just outside of Philly.

#23 Greedyfly

Greedyfly

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (denduke @ Jun 12 2004, 07:53 PM)
Never been accused of being the brightest lite on the tree.  Just bothers me to reply/post when I don't know where the users are from.  Seems like that makes a definite bearing on things related to one's ideas and knowledge of certain things, especially regional stuff.  Not tryin to make waves just curious.  If this is available and I'm missin the boat fill me in and delete this post.    Thanks.     unsure.gif

X2 the moniker needs a "location" field. biggrin.gif

Keedysville, Maryland 10 minutes away from the upper Potomac River.

#24 CLUTCHfan

CLUTCHfan

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:51 PM

Central New York

#25 vices

vices

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:58 PM

I'm from Ontario, in the (GTA)- Greater Toronto Area.... raised on fishing, hunting and camping... one of the best salmon an steelie rivers runs a stones throw away.. Oshawa creek, i thank God for landing me in a spot so blessed.. innocent.gif rockon.gif
Work to live, live to fish.

#26 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:32 PM

I unfo. know Gunrod and MSUiceman meaning I live in Michigan
j_k.gif I love it here and most of the people in our great state are awsome. The only other place I would move to is Alaska or somewhere in canada.

#27 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Jun 13 2004, 12:37 AM)
That's a request another member made a while back and it is on my list of things to do around here. It is a good idea.

Thanks!

Will,
I might have an idea for this feature. PM me if your interested.

#28 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:02 AM

Wonder if the new mods are up to this. Or even able to make such a change. Been 12 yrs almost. Just would be nice to have members location under their username rather than having to go to their profile. Oh well....
2035.gifC33-F8428-B3-CD-4-B95-B23-B-4-D28-D631-A

#29 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

From where "...the West begins and fun ends.."

Just kidding, tho some say That... about Wyoming. We love fishing here... Guns, almost as much
Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎

#30 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:43 AM

denduke, I prepared an articulate, thought out, well reasoned reply, but this Site ate my homework..;)

Also, just will say the issue is well above my pay grade, just here to be the "... be nice, police..." Hopefully, by volunteering it will free Steel, etc to address these types of issues. So keep defining perceived problems and proposing solutions.

Personally, I am glad the "warning points" thing has been a non-starter since I would have been the first one banished due to smart-azz remarks and clowning around.. However, I also know the founders of this place care about Quality, but free access just does not equate to optimal IT services, which amount to time and money demands that are not addressed quickly, if ever.. The trade-off is we still have an amazing resource that is just a few keystrokes away. Could it be better? Yes. Will it be better? Yes, surely but slowly, as ways to pay for the changes emerge.... Stay tuned but in the meantime it is FREE... Thank you for many contributions!
Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎

Reply to this topic