Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
boynabubble

CORN

This is the culmination of countless hours of research, blood sweat and tears in designing the perfect fly for the elusive and wary hatchery trout. :shifty:

From the moment it enters it's new watery home from the back of a DNR tanker truck to it's final gasping breaths in the mid summer heat, the habits of this secretive quarry have been a mystery for generations. After years of study and plying the waters of small mediocre streams, I have finally unraveled the mysteries of what makes the cunning stocked trout tick.

This revolutionary fly will even the playing field and bridge the gap between baitfisherman and flyfisherman. :cheers:

With the built in action, bright attractive color and accurate profile of the hatchery trout's natural prey, CORN is sure to be a hit on white ribbon streams everywhere! :kicking:

You're so funny :hyst:

You could have at least added eyes or a tail, I think you're being a bit literal/serious in your imitation ;)

You could have at least added eyes or a tail, I think you're being a bit literal/serious in your imitation ;)

Nope. The trout have spoken and they want CORN. No bells, no whistles.......just CORN. :hyst:

I can see the Carp and Blue Gills Protesting now. They want their own CORN pattern. Something about Species Discrimination :hyst:

I would like to know when the CORN foam cutter set will be available at J. Stockard, or maybe the trout chow cutter too. And if we are naming Corn, how about the Orville Redenbacker Caddis.

Sorry, could not help myself, Cheers, Futzer.

Futzer, I'm working on the cutter, should have it in stores soon :ban:

riffleriversteelheadslayer, I never thought of using it for deer or turkey.....this just shows you how adaptable this pattern really is. I mean really, what doesn't eat corn? :hyst:

Very delicous looking, in the words of Howard T. Walden, it looks to be "A pattern that tempts no fish under 5 (or is it 3? I forget) pounds." Or something to that effect :hyst:

Jan

This is the culmination of countless hours of research, blood sweat and tears in designing the perfect fly for the elusive and wary hatchery trout.

DUDE, :bugeyes: :ripped: :blink: I have been working for years on that exact pattern and now, now all of my work is for not.....Oh hell, the first to publish the pattern always get the glory....Congrats my man, you have bested me on this one but I will avenge this lose with...let me see......Peas and carrots perhaps, or.........

Seriously I love it.... :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Ought to be a big hit here in Kentucky......as long as "the good ol' boys" don't turn it into sour Mash. Love the creativity! :P