Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

11ft 4wt Czech nymphing rod

This one is an 11ft 4wt 4pc rod for czech nymphing. Grips are done in sort of a mini spey/switch style shape with just a bit of added fancy cork because the owner wanted a more subtle looking rod. So I also matched the wraps to the blank to add to the subtle look, then added a bit of black wraps in a 50/50 wrap style at each ferule. Rosewood seat with nickle silver hardware, SF guides and some small spiral wraps round it out.

wn1yw.jpg

l4mu.jpg

v79ke.jpg

vvjq.jpg

jtlcx.jpg

eqmg.jpg

An 11 foot 4 weight. Forget Nymphing, that would put a small bluegill fly way out there, for the spooky fish.

Pretty rod. I am sure other's have seen it before, but I like the inscription ... "Nymph O maniac"

Cannot wait to get this bad boy here...have been putting off getting a reel until I can have it in my hands and balance it properly...thinking this will be another deadly tool in my arsenal.

Glad you like the inscription Mike, I have been on a nymphing kick lately and figured it was humorous lol. Going to be seeing how this rod performs with the wet fly swing as well, should by deadly on the small trout streams in my area.

Was planning a review for the rod yes, I have been czech nymphing with my 9'6 6wt for brown trout and have been wishing for a little more reach and a lighter more sensitive rod, this should work nicely.