Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SalarMan

The "Hempseed"

Not sure if I posted this one before, but I still find it an interesting Pattern.

After I set the wing, I looked at the ragged end to the feathers and found I sort of liked the look...so I left things that way. The head could use another coat or 2 of cement and I just may take the fly out of its mounting and do that. We shall see.

I hope you enjoy and feel free to chime in with any thoughts or comments,

Cheers,
George

DSC_0048.JPG

@SalarMan well done, indeed! Beautiful wings with Lady Amherst and Golden pheasant... that couldn't have been easy to accomplish! 

Hadn't heard of this pattern before and finally found it in Kelson's book. "Irish grey" is a new hackle color I'll have to watch for, I really like it. 

Beautiful work! 

8 hours ago, Medic3141 said:

@SalarMan well done, indeed! Beautiful wings with Lady Amherst and Golden pheasant... that couldn't have been easy to accomplish! 

Hadn't heard of this pattern before and finally found it in Kelson's book. "Irish grey" is a new hackle color I'll have to watch for, I really like it. 

Beautiful work! 

Thanks Medic3141. Yes the wing was a beast.

Those pheasant feathers are...well if you look in the dictionary under pain in the ass you see a picture of those tail feathers.😁

Fantastic tie, George! I think the wing tip taper gives a lovely flow to the back of the fly. That wing is daunting to say the least, you did an incredible job getting that GP to behave!