Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Radoslav Kiskinov

Iskar river flyfishing - Second Part

Hi, guys, I am happy to tell you about my second day of fihing in Iskar river.

This time I was in the company of a nice lady photographer named Villy Karusheva, who made all the pictures of the day.

The river was still with fast and big waters, beacause of the melting snow. Here there is a stream adding to the fundamental flow of the river:

user posted image

I was trying with nymphs of caddisflies near the bank of the river:

user posted image

But for my dry flies I had to find calm places of the stream with still water and tried there with a Klinkhammer.

user posted image

And I found a place where a little trout taste my fly:

user posted image

It was very nice little babytrout who was not shy to stand still in front of the Villy's camera.

After that came onother one:

user posted image

Wich was pritty too.

user posted image

And was interesting with her color just the same as the stone and gravel of the bottom of the stream.

We changed the place and in very calm little stream near the river I saw two fish rising up and taking little mayflies in theyr hatch.

i have to explane exactly to her how ande where to focus because I wanted to cath the movement of the fih in the moment it take the fly.

So, we did it:

user posted image

It was fighting, jumping above the surface:

user posted image

And was really great fun for us.

I wish same feelings to all of you!

Best reagrds!

Rado

P.S. Specal thanks to Villy Karusheva, a passional photographer, sweet lady and an outstanding personality. For me it was an honor!

Rado,

great pictures. You could write a book and illustrate it with all the photos you have shown us. It is great hearing from your side of the world. If you ever come to America you will have a lot of friends who will want to host you.

I especially love the photo of the hand holding the nymph and the flies that represent it.

Could I have permission form you to print that photo for the wall of my fishing room (small extra bedroom where I tie flies, build rods and dream fishing)?

We love your stories, keep posting and writing.

Conehead

Hi, guys,

Conehead, thanks for the kind words again, I appreciate it.

Absolutely no problem to give you the picture with caddisflies. If you write me in PM your e-mail address, I will send you the whole not resized format of the picture.

It seems you have very nice flytying place, I like it.

Next time I write again I will post new pictures of my flyfishing days.

Best to you all!

Rado

Hy, guys,

Steve, thanks for the kind words about the photos, I am sure Villy, the photographer will like them.

TroutRuleBassDrool, no problem, as soon as I have some free time, I will make step by step pictures of the fly.

Best to you all!

Rado