Fly Tying
Al Beatty

Non-Tying Question

I coordinate purchases of cell site equipment for one of the large US mobile phone companies. My wife teaches college business courses.

I am a Jr. High School P.E. teacher (baseball/basketball coach) and my wife teaches 5th grade. It's nice to have the summers off together to take the kids into the great outdoors (and fish and tie flies too).

Chris

I work for the Department of Homeland Security (govt employee for 22 1/2 yrs)(former Air Force, medical discharge)

Wife (School disciplinarian at local school, Teaches water safety and lifeguarding, also a drug and alcohol counselor)

Daughter is either a senior next year or starting another 6 years towards med school. (Keep the el cheapo tips coming guys you see where my money is going LOL)

Son just graduated HS doesn't know what he wants to do, maybe go in the service.

Pepper my black lab who acts as my dubbing machine, loves to be brushed.

Fatman

I am very new here, but I am a geologist with Tennessee Department of Transportation, Knoxville Tennessee. Been a lot of other things before this, too!

Hi!

I am a partner in a small consulting business that works with hospitals and physicians.

My wife is a full-time, stay-at-home mom in charge of our brood of three children: two girls and one boy. Though she appreciates and supports my love for my hobby of flyfishing and fly tying, she doesn't understand its appeal.

Busy and, most times, loving it! yahoo.gif

Brent

I'm basically a goof-off, just like jonnyrotten's 4 year old kid....except I'm 62.

In my former life I owned an OEM automotive parts company which made, among other things, all those little lamps that go behind the instrument clusters in your car/truck/SUV and light up when you are, you know, out of gas, overheated, stuff like that.

Now I spend 6 months fly fishing (and playing golf) in Ontario in the summer and then 6 months fly fishing (and playing golf) in Sarasota in the winter.

I only got started in fly fishing about 4 years ago, and tying about 3 years ago. Before that my lovely wife of 33 years told all her friends she was a golf widow, so finally she took up golf and now loves it. Now she tells them she's a fly fishing widow, who plays golf all the time. Go figure.

We have two beautiful daughters who are both off our family payroll now, and who both like to fly fish when they have the time. One works in inside sales for Dell, and the other is a sports/event organizer and right now she's trying to get a job with the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, B.C.

I just came back from an amazing trip to Alaska to fish for Salmon and Arctic Char. Could not have imagined a more fun fishing experience anywhere.....but I'm willing to try a couple of others just to see if they stack up !

This particular pattern I tied (Egg Sucking Clouser) kicked some serious King Salmon butt.....

user posted image

I'm Sean 35 and work with a friend on his mussel farm. It's hard work in all kinds of bad weather but I get to on the water most days. I have lots of down time in the winter and some in the summer so there's lot of time for tying flies and fishing.

My wife work locally as a CAD tech drawing counters and desks for wal-marts and superstore. No kids yahoo.gif one big black cat and an old black lab.

I am retired for a heart cond. now teach fly fishin and tyin at an orvis store pt. play around with my van and fish otherwise. my girlfriend is a cashier....i used to be a const. worker, heavy equip. and truck driver, along with owning a small custom van shop...

This is a great thread. I retired after 26 years as a police officer. After laying around collecting dust for six months, I had a heart attack and decided to do something constructive. I now fish and work with developmentally disabled adults. My much younger wife is a therapist and also works with the developmentally disabled. We have two kids that will be gone soon (Yippee!) and a blind dog. My wife is a fly fisherman also and we enjoy going out together. We plan on moving as soon as the kids are gone to Salida, home of the Arkansas River!!

In my opinon i have the best job ever-I am a United States Marine.I just got back from Iraq about a month ago.Im not married.In the words of Major Payne "If the Marines would have wanted me to have a wife they would have issued me one."

Student but studying for a dual degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Might change to fisheries though.

wow, revival of an old thread!

I'm a "retired" Chief Petty Officer (Electronics Tech) in the Coast Guard (21+ years) and now work on electronics for a major US Government installation. Great job, and I look at the Susquehanna and Yellow Breeches every day, dreaming of spring and summer!

I got it really easy right now. I detail cars for Chrysler and am (finished my finals yesterday night)now a second year Architect student at nights during the fall/winter/spring.

My boss allso understands my addiction to the white powdery stuff.....and its falling in HEAPS right now in my back yard lol.