Fly Tying

Brown Recluse

I was moving some straw in the shed this morning, when this spider scared the #&*@ out of me. bugeyes.gif

Needless to say , (I sprayed him) ohmy.gif

Its almost 4" long from leg tip to leg tip.

I looked it up on google and it looks like it could be a brown recluse.

I learned that one way to tell is by a dark brown violin-shaped marking on the head.

What do you think?

I placed a Kennedy Half Dollar under it for sizing huh.gif

user posted image

user posted image

We are right on the edge of brown recluse range.

user posted image

Leaky

Your more than on the edge Leaky, that must be a older map because the brown recluse has been here in MI for a number of years now.

Sprayed him? huh.gif I would have got my 30.06 and shot his ass ph34r.gif bugeyes.gif

After an extensive search on google images, I have come to the conclusion that it is probably a Wolf Spider. blink.gif

A very large ugly Wolf Spider. ohmy.gif

user posted image

It's just to large and hairy to be a Brown Recluse. dunno.gif

Leaky

I'm with Steve on this one...I would have taken a rifle and killed him. lol. The spiders and old mister no shoulders, those are two animals I don't get along with. lol. -redneck

I would say its a wolf spider.. I woulda taken the ole axe to that lil monster.. wouldnt have cared if he was in the china cabinet... ohmy.gif gun_bandana.gif

-redneckfisherman-

I'm with Steve on this one...I would have taken a rifle and killed him laugh.gif 

-vices-

I woulda taken the ole axe to that lil monster.. wouldnt have cared if he was in the china cabinet...  ohmy.gif gun_bandana.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

When I first saw it, I thought it was a mouse! eek.gif

I was quite intimidating ! flex.gif

Leaky

It's a Wolf Spider, we have them all over here in FL. I think the Brown Recluse is very small and not nearly as large as a Wolf.

Hay we have Recluse over here in Utah. Them suckers will get that big. There a mean little thing. They ripp the hide off you. ive_been_ripped.gif They will make you very sick if not dead. sick.gif Next time just shoot it and and walk away. gunsmilie.gif gun_bandana.gif gun_bandana.gif gun_bandana.gif

wolf spider

the pic that TB posted is the ever dangerous brown recluse andis much smaller than the wolf spider.

i caught a black widow spider 4 days ago in my truck. jean took it home for his program with the school and animals for kids thing. it was crawling on my hand when i noticed it first. that was scary

Bud

Just a story for posterity....

Whe I was in the service, there was a guy bit by one while in his sleeping bag. Ended up swelling up real bad and getting infected. After a couple weeks, they ended up getting ORDERED to see a doctor. They decided to remove the area cause of gain-green(sp?). When they opened him up, they found it full of eggs that were about ready to hatch. bugeyes.gif