Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
xvigauge

Batman Nymph

Has anyone ever heard of or fished a Batman nymph? A while back I ran into a man and his son fishing in the GSMNP on the Little River and they were catching fish after fish on a nymph they called a Batman nymph. Being it was mostly black and purple I can understand the name. I tied some up and thought I would give them a try. I haven't tried them yet but I will pretty soon as the weather gets nicer. Anyway the nymph has a body of purple ice dubbing, brown goose biots tail, two black goose biots wings, and sparse black soft hackle. A cool looking fly, should imitate several insect nymphs.

Joe

Hey chugbug27. I have been out of the loop for a while, covid and other life happenings got in the way of fishing, but I am back now and am hoping to fish quite often. Tennessee is treating me great. I love it here in the Smokies. I'm only three miles to the GSMNP entrance and the trout fishing pretty good in the park, though somewhat difficult at times. I have to find easily accessible spots as I can no longer wade (72 years old) and i have slowed down a lot, but over all I can't complain.

Joe

,👍👍

With any luck I'll be spending this coming summer in Sylva. I don't want to jinx it.... But if I'm there I'll swing by sometime to say hi

1 hour ago, chugbug27 said:

,👍👍

With any luck I'll be spending this coming summer in Sylva. I don't want to jinx it.... But if I'm there I'll swing by sometime to say hi

Let me know.

Joe