Fly Tying
JarrodRuggles

challenge for the realistic tyers

Hi Steelsmith, another awsome fly. Is this your first attempt at a realistc adult mayfly? I don't mean that in a negative way, I know you just started tying flies, and they are very nice.

I don't see Salmonfly's picture either?

Graham

no its my second attempt. I would have liked it to turn out better. the first one is in the match the hatch #3 i think. I did that body with foam. I haven't had good results with foam yet. I think i need to have someone explain it to be. Maybe its the foam i'm using. I have luck with the monofilament though. I don't like this may fly. I will get better soon hopefully.

Hey Seth, I'm losing it, sorry, just remembered your first mayfly. I just had another look at it and this second one is much improved. I'm trying to imagine what #10 will look like, fantastic I'm sure.

Graham

I haven had much computer time as things are going on. I just wanted to say that these realistics are just getting better and better. I cant wait until Im done harvesting for the season so I can get back into all aspects of fly tying. Hats off to you guys

Hello!!!

I hope i can post this here...

I'm new to this forum and i want to know what u think about this:

user posted image

It took 45 min to tie... if that matters unsure.gif

Hi Redkid,

You're good, and looks like you've been practicing for a while, this mayfly looks fantastic!!! I hope to see more of your work, good stuff, very realistic.

Graham

QUOTE (Salmonfly @ Aug 11 2005, 11:04 AM)
Though the gills don't show well in this photo they are made from poly yarn and do actually breathe in the water ... biggrin.gif
http://www.hatchmasters.ca/m2a.JPG
And though it looks fragile ... it's rock solid and good for numerous fish ... wink.gif

user posted image

Size 14 standard dry fly hook shown (no Photoshop involved as per the new rule ... ) biggrin.gif

This fly is for the master in tying great fly .

Hi Redkid

Very nice mayfly. Perfectly proportioned. One of the nicest I've seen. You're a natural. Keep at it!

Thanks for the comments jocapesca but that one is a bit rough. sad.gif

but practice makes perfect ... one day ... one day ... wink.gif

user posted image

Thanx again...

It is my first and i'm very happy with it.I'd love to try other insects but it's hard to tie realistics without good tying materials...(i can't find any)

This one has:turkey feather(i think this is how it's writen),hare's ear, scotch tape,human hair cool.gif and.... a #12 hook biggrin.gif

I'l keep trying... and tyin'.. and tryin'... Until i get better

Last night i've started to work at a mayfly (scale 2:1). help.gif realistics got me!!! i cant tie anything else since... 3 days... biggrin.gif

Could anybody help me with the torax.I need a picture from underneath so i can see how it looks... Or can i use some fine dubing and put only the thorax case(above) ???

Help...

I forgot to mention: it's an adult,not a nymph...

Here is what i've done since last night:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Need help with the thorax...