Fly Tying
dbirish

first time post from iraq

Hey dbirish,

My hats off to you and all the brave souls working in the forces. I really liked Salmonfly’s message from Canada and I’m sure you will enjoy his excellent collection of instructional fly tying CD’s. I will contact Salmonfly so that you can have $50 of his tying materials included with the CD’s. I’ll let him pick what’s best.

God bless you,

Graham

My hat is off to you Graham ... I received the $50 and will pick out a ton of material to keep them busy.

Now where can we send everything to? Are we going to get a major collection point and send it off all at once?

This is totaly unreal You guys are about the most decent people I have ever had the fortune to be associated with. Hats off to all of you, Do we have an address we can send a few things to, to get everthing together. I have a vice, and a few other things I could send

Be carefull over there dude!

Those of us who are Canadian will need some time to get our stuff to the U.S. It takes about 2 weeks by mail. Should we start a list of who is sending What? If so I'm in for som dry hackle and dubbing. Let us know what we need to do.

I'll send a vice, turkey tail feathers, assortment of hackles, some hooks,razor foam in white, thin skin, swiss straw, rabbit and squirrel dubbing

and what ever else I can dig up

Duckydoty

So Im wondering is there a point when to much is to much stuff? Sgt Thompson How much stuff are you allowed to have, recive, take home? Are there others over there who enjoy tying? And as a note to you guys thinking of giving. Do you all have any old fly boxes that you do not need any more?? He may need storage!!

Hi Thompson,

I can only echo the good wishes others on this site have sent your way. Today, Gretchen and I are sending a couple of our books you may find of interest. The first is an Introduction to Fly Tying - a print version of the video you can down load from this site. The other is our new book (just on the market this past week at the Fly Tackle Retailer show in Denver) Innovative Flies & Techniques. Please share with your fellow soldiers and let them know how much we appreciate your (all of you) service. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Dan- Welcome Aboard!

QUTTIANUM

To you, the members of your MP outfit and fellow comrades in arms, may He who watched over us who made it back from Wherever do the same for you all. May His light and grace shine on all who have made the supreme sacrifice.

Fellow Board Members: Sgt. Thompson included his APO address in his post at bottom of Page One:

Sgt. Thompson, Daniel

306th MP BN

APO AE 09342

BTW Gang- Extra materials and tools can always be spread around to others to help pass the time and give a chance to learn a new hobby.

For anyone wishing to learn about Sgt. Thompson's outfit, read here:

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/MP/306Mi...ceBattalion.htm (Has a little Massachusetts connection! biggrin.gif yahoo.gif )

I have some extra fur whitetail,mule deer,moose,elk,pronghorn,rabbit.I think it would be a good idea to send our things to one person and send SGT. Thompson a major package.Also lets not forget hooks we wouldnt want him to have all that material and no hooks.

Also take care From the LT. Alexander Bonnymans Young Marines headbang.gif

Welcome aboard sgt., and thank you! My brothers served alongside you and I thank you all for what you've done.

After giving this some thought Sgt Thompson is going to get alot of stuff from us! So here is what Im going to give 25 size 8 salmon hooks and all the fixens to make Olive buggers for a few nights anyway!! I figure with as many of you who are willing to give he is going to get a ton of stuff. Do any of you have bobbins whip and scissors extra he might need them to! if somebody doesn't step up as the giftmeister Ill sent it out on my own. I'd do it but I already have too many fires in my irons now!!!! laugh.gif