Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Centerpin rod

Here is one just finished up which was a heck of a project, but well worth the work/effort. Out of the over 2,200+ rods I have built in the 20+ yrs in business, I think this one for sure makes the top 5 of them all, maybe even higher. This centerpin rod is for a customer who is a former Michigan State Spartans Rose Bowl champion. So I wanted to do everything I could to make it a rod he'll love and have for the rest of his life to remind him of his victory.
Blank is an 11' Immortal RX8 blank. The grips I sliced over 65 rings of cork in various thickness/styles to get the design to flow how I liked, and added some green dyed cork to flow with the Spartans theme. The reel seat is a beautiful piece of green dyed burl wood from Ron Weber of Southwest Custom Rods in Az. Uses Fuji guieds wrapped in green/white Spartan colors with a double turn of gold in the center of the wraps. Then I did an alternating gold & gold/white twist wrap in front of the grip with white & gold trim which gives the illusion of a football field & end zones.

k7yPDLr.jpg
Cb2SysX.jpg
p7ySsR2.jpg
QUndezF.jpg
asfu4HC.jpg
bxhu1KR.jpg