Fly Tying
WYKnot

Safety Pin Fly Swap

How about another safety pin fly swap? We had a great response last January; maybe it would be a good time for a 1st anniversary safety pin fly swap. Besides, safety pin flies can be nice little gifts (think holidays), and it is a lot easier than hanging flies inside clear glass ornaments (I speak from experience on that one).

I tied an Adams on a safety pin a couple of years ago to adorn my fishing hat. If interested, go back and see the creative patterns submitted by swappers in the last pin fly swap.

So, any pattern you want, just tie it on a safety pin. Reply if interested, then send one (1) fly-on-a-safety-pin by 20 Dec 05. I will randomize the collection and send you a fly pin from another tyer. One safety pin fly submitted, one safety pin fly (not your own) in return. Display it to your favorite hat, fishing vest, or shirt collar. I am going with a long lead time in hopes of increasing participation; we are rapidly approaching the holiday season when everyone tends to get busy.

Suspense: 20 Dec 05

Objective: 15 Tyers

Russ (WYKnot)

post-1362-1129654504_thumb.jpg

Hey WYKnot,

I like the idea of pin flies, I'm pretty new to fly tying and never heard of them before. I would like to be in if no one minds a newbee.;) What size should the pin be or it doesn't matter? I'm looking foward to this swap! :thumbsup:

Sam

Hi WYKnot

I still have some blank pins left from last years swap, count me in.

Graham

hey graham,

is that stimi you got from me still intact?

the one I stuck to my marmot fleece fell apart after a (cold) season under a vest. I'll replace it if it has.

anyways count me in again as well.

mgj

WYKnot, welcome back. I am in . I loved the first one, gotta get in the second. :thumbsup:

I think im going to try spinning/stacking some deerhair on this one.

Hi mgj,

The stimi is still in perfect shape and so is the one from WYknot, tyed with fur from the base mascot. I have them both proudly pinned above my tying area.

I'll do two golden stonefly nymphs, with the extra one for WYknot for meistering. I'll use all synthetic materials so they hopefully wont ever fall apart.

Graham