Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
hexfli

Surf Swap!!!

Redwings1, how do you like those circle hooks? I use them bait fishing for striped bass. I have always wonderd about them for flies? But never used them. It makes sense to me as alot of the time stripers will hit as soon as something hits the water, and when you have alot of line out setting the hook sometimes just doesnt work. I am still unsure of what I am going to tie, everything I own is in boxes and I am about to get at it. I can no longer live this way. Ill post a pic in the lodge tonight.

To b fully honest I have not fished them a ton, but when I have they have ben great. As with all circle hooks you really don' set the hook in the taditional fashion, so they are ideally suited for fishing when the fish may smack your fly before you are ready...

Thanks Dave! B)

Used silicone to lock in the eyes and make the head stronger. Covered the finished head with a cover of Bright Seal Salmo-Web. Under the silicone pearl estaz on a white yarn base.

Looking forward to seeing yours when you have one done.

Threader

Addy needed, last one in the vice now. Clouser style like we started but with some changes. Took the others out last week for a test drive in the Trent River. They worked fine with an 8wgt rod and line and drifted with the dam wash but not sure if the roll of a wave would do the same.

Revised model pic posted.

post-3271-1135962540_thumb.jpg

First Batch of squid can't make it due to material shortage! No shop within 50 miles of here has 6mm 3d silver eyes. No problem, I have 8 squid for this years season.

Finished a new batch of Deceivers to send. :headbang:

Need an address to mail to!