Fly Tying
Graham

Congratulations redkid

Hi redkid, I hope you don't mind if I say your name, Mihai, from Romania.

I am extremely happy for you for winning the realistic fly tying contest. And the fact that you have been tying for less than one year and also won the Rookie of the Year contest is truly remarkable. You have great skills as a fly tyer, obviously comes naturally to you, and I hope you never get burned out from tying too much. I will always look forward to seeing more of your amazing work, and its hard for me to imagine what will be coming from your vise as the years pass; amazing works of art I am sure.

Congratulations my friend, I will drink a toast in your honor tonight, Well, I already started, so here’s another one.

CHEERS to Redkid!!! HOORAY!!!

Graham

IPB Image

See what drinking will do... I forgot to mention how happy I am to have donated the custom fly rod from steeldifter to the winner of the realistic contest. The rod maker still has the rod and I will arrange to pay for shipping it to you.

Cheers again,

Graham

P.S. When I become worried about my short term memory loss from drinking, I have another drink, and forget about it...lol...

Big congratulations redkid, I am sure you will have some nice fishing with that rod!

Hey Graham, whenever i become worried about my short term memory loss from drinking I start looking for my drink, but never can remember where I put it..... :hyst:

Tonight: tying ridiculously small mayfly nymfs and having a whiskey or two!

/Ulf

Now...

What can I say.. ? :unsure:

Graham told me last night that I surely won the realistic,but 2 categories?? :bugeyes:

I realy want to thank everyone for the apreciation,Graham for some great tips,for donating the rod,Leif,Ulf and everybody from the realistic board.. I learned it from you guys!!! :headbang:

I still have a alot to learn,and I gues it was luck,a good photo :dunno: there are lots of tiers that deserved that !!!

Respect to you all and thanks again...

Mihai

There were no luck behind you winning this my friend, you tied a very good fly that made people vote for it and that's what it's all about. Pure talent and skill behind your fly and nothing else, you deserve the win and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

/Ulf

Way to go redkid! And, to everyone who submitted a realistic pattern :thumbup: :clapping: Everyone was a winner in my opinion! Thom

I'm new to the board and when i first saw his flies I was wowed. Now that I know his lack of tying time, I am double wowed.