Fly Tying
bryston

fly you hate to tie

ok, lets see what evreybody has to say? i guess most of us ties lots of flies, but evrey body hate to tie one particular fly to the point you cant tie it? me, i cant tie a balck ghost........

Mine would be a Stimulator, or anything with the hackle tied that style. The reason being is you have to use two hackles, one at a time. You have to weave the second one through the fibers of the first one in order to keep from smashing barbs and I seem to invent words that even my wife has never heard of before when I'm doing these flies. I used to do it with one hackle but found out the hard, fast what that it will act like a prop on a plane and spin while it goes through the air twisting you line. Now I use two, and curse the entire time.

Ashby

You know guys...I know this guy that doesn't mind doing dries and sells them at a very reasonable price... :whistle: hehe...

I seem to have a very hard time tying Flex Tubing Crab pattern. I am so bad at them that I have pretty much given up on them and make them more with felt disks or other materials now.

Mine are Puglisi style saltwater streamers. They catch fish, but tying them is just so repetitive and boring.

:angry: Right now its all flies for the past three days I have had the worst case of tyers block in the world, I dont know whats up.

Muddler minnow...or any other fly that requires spinning deer hair.

I love dries!...different strokes for different folks.

Old fart...try the Dick Talleur method of gluing the hackle off after you've wound it. It makes tying those parachutes much easier and faster. I couldn't be without some parachutes on our selective Connecticut trout waters.

Hot Tuna

Right now all of them, since my hand injury I just can't seem to make them decent looking, guess I'll just have to keep trying.

I can tie them well but I hate tying big salmon bombers For two reasons. One these suckers are huge so they take a long time as you need lots of deer hair and it's just to damn messy. After a couple of bombers my tying areas a mess which i don't like.