Fly Tying

2006 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest

Good Day,

Oooh, I think I may have come up witha a few high ranking flies today! Just have to wait and see! Can't wait, and plan to enter many more flies this year than last year. Hehehehehe... :devil:

Steelie

smalliehunter, thanks for such a great site. I think im gonna hold off on the swap addiction for awhile and tie some flies for this contest. you guys run what i concider the best fly tying/fishing site on the web. I started tying earlier this year and i dont know if i would have stuck with it if it wasnt for this site. Such a great group of people and so much info. I cant wait to compete with them. Thanks again. you guys are doing an awsome job!!

chris

Just a thought. Could the winners fly also be included on the cover of next years calender???

I don't know if there is going to be a calendar next year, as of right now I would say we won't do one. If we do, I will certainly keep that in mind.

Well I just tied my fly for the itsy bitsy category, the only problem is I don't know if I need to tie a better one or not cause I can't see the dang thing :lol:

How should I package the flies that I send. :dunno: Put each one in a little bag and staple it to it's entry sheet, or should I put all off them in one bag, and you will sort them for the contest. Need a little help

Fly Tyer Guy

I would suggest seperating them and attaching them to the correct sheet. I can normally figure them out but sometimes it can be a little difficult.

Good Day,

Go to your local Micheal's or Hobby Lobby if you have one around, otherwise a craft store with a jewelry department will have a section in it with bags by the 25, 50, 100+ They should take care of most streamers and nymphs. For more fragile dries and emergers go take a look at the unfinished wood area. Nice inexpensive wooden boxes, or buy some mints in a tin... eat the mints use the tin. In fact, one fly I am submitting this year will best ship in a glass specimen jar witha paper to keep in in place. Smallie will have no problem noting this fly for the Itsy Bitsy... (BTW, although noted with the fly, please photograph from the top to show detail...) :D

Steelie

Good Day,

Almost done tying up flies for the contest. One or two to finish and one or two to decide on. I am fairly certain that none of the flies have been posted on the site. All new designs for this year... Currently about 13 patterns complete with a possible few more to go. Why not, it isn't like I have anything better to do... :devil: Thanks John! Don't how I let that slip... sure smalliehunter would have caught it... Thanks!

Steelie

Chris I am really surprised that you would post a list of what flies you are entering. Wouldnt you rather have everyone vote on an anonymous bid and win that way?

John

Good Day,

Good Point John! It slipped by me. I meant to only post what categories not the flies! Thanks for catching it! It will be editted immediately! I can also easily change the names as well to help with anonimity.

Steelie