Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

2003 Fly Tyer Of The Year - Results

Congrats Bassturd and thanks Smallie and BDH for all the effort you put into this. I am very impressed at the high quality of all the flies submitted.

TB,

Your one lucky guy, Roy had you beat until the final minute when you got another vote and then you had the tie breaker by getting one more vote for "Best Overall Fly". It was fun to watch those two flies go back and forth.

Will and everyone... a great and successful contest...should be an annual event atleast... great job everyone and a real plus for the growth of this fine forum.

Roy's fly is really awesome and I really had no expectation of winning anything. This was a lot of fun, I can't wait until next year.

Next year I'm thinking of submitting a Jock Scott, so there won't be any close calls. tongue.gif

One thing I forgot....I will be creating a page where you can view all of the submitted flies along with the member name of the person who tied it. Look for it in the next few days!

I may not be able to tie the winning fly yet but I can sure pick um biggrin.gif .. all but the bass fly were the ones I voted for! Congrats to the winners and thanks for letting me play! Looking forward to the next event! bugeyes.gif

First of all, all of the entries were awesome and like mentioned above, voting was very difficult.

You guys show a real talent for material usage and eye-hand coordination. The results of this ability shows us the amount of expertise on our board. I am honored to be a part of it.

You guys Rock thumbsup.gif cheers.gif

Congratulations guys! The flies were trully excellent! Can't wait 'till next year.

BDH & Will, great job! Not only was the contest a great idea but you guys pulled it off with perfect execution!

Makes you glad to be a member of such a great site doesn't it?

Great flies all!!!!!! Picking wasn't easy and an overall was even harder. Thanks to Will for all the work on getting the pictures up (I'm surprised your wife hasn't broken your camera or disconneted your computer yet LOL)

Tight Lines,

Fatman

Congrats to all the winners,it was very hard to choose cos all the flies were excellent.

Thanks to SM and BDH for putting this togeather.

Back to the drawing board for me.