Fly Tying
majestyja

favorite bead head swap

I tried my pattern tonight! First this roach and later on pearch. So if you want to see the pearch too let me know.

This one is a killer over here in the Netherlands! :yahoo:

post-4111-1157398367_thumb.jpg

Glad to see that this one filled up fast, congratulations MajestyJA! I'm also glad to see alot of new participants in the forum! If you arent exactly sure how our swaps work, be sure to read through the rules at the top of the main swap page. Please feel free to ask any questions, there are no stupid questions here......

Wow I glad you got the P.M. this one filled up fast, theese will be great files for Bishop, I can't hardly wait.

Great swap

Pickin

I can't wait to fish theese flies. Oh yea if you guys didn't see the photos from Majesty & Down to Earth's Kolob run you gotta check them out on the photo section of the forum, Great stuff guy's Glad to be in the crew.

Pickin

hey herman,

my mother lives in varkaus finland and I have caught hundreds of those fish that you posted. I must admit that I didn't use a fly rod back then but it was still fun

Well guys this is what I call Big Todd's Copper Squirrell. The picture is a bit blurry so I'll give you some details. Tail--Squirrell tail fibers.(eastern grey)

Body--Squirrell dubbing

Rib--Fine copper wire

Wing casing--You guessed it, squirrell tail

The hook is a mustad size 16 with a copper bead.

IPB Image

I used to slay blue gills with these in ole NC. I haven't tried them in Montana yet. Would this fly be OK for the swap or would you prefer a more tested pattern? :dunno:

There is no lead in this fly so it sinks slow, I think that's why the blue gills love 'em :thumbsup:

Good looking fly big todd. If it works good in NC, I'll give it a try in SC around Thanksgiving. The idea of the swap is to have fun and check out everybodys pattern, so whatever you like to tie is good enough. :headbang:

Looking forward to seeing what you folks all tie. Am in the middle of two other swaps, so I didn't let myself yield to temptation and join this one (luckily for me, it filled up quickly!).

-- Bill