Fly Tying
Nick Reiniche

stuff for bluegill flies

Tussle Bug photo and instructions are now in the database. These flies work well for bedding bream and crappie. They are extremely durable. Use them under an indicator or a Clay's Hopper (also now in database) . Also check out the Cajun Tickler.

For more detailed instructions on overhand knot weave go to loup-garou.net/flytying.

This is one of my better weighted nymphs for the gills. My favorite red head has also taken a little of everything else :D

IPB Image

You might also want to try the Predator, (my avatar which is from a video by Chris Helm, "Panfish Flies That Work). I've had good success with it on topwater. The bluegill bully fly and the predator are both in the data base of this forum. You might also want to try the "Swamp Monster" which is a damselfly nymph pattern, and also Jon's Generic. It's a simple black wet fly with a red tail, but I've caught fish on it. Also check out the Red Fox Squirrel Nymph. I'm going to be trying both the Agent Orange and the Green Agent this year as well.

The other night I went back and watched some videos I made several years ago of a TV show called, "Fly Fish TV." On one episode they were fishing for brim at Callaway Garden and catching some nice gills on a Chernobyl Ant. It was tied with black foam over red foam. I'm going to give that a try.

BTW, Dish Network no longer carries the Outdoor Life Network, if it is still around, and so I don't get Fly Fish TV anymore. I was just wondering if that show is still around? I don't find much at all about Fly Fishing on Dish Network anymore and nothing about fly tying.

Thanks

BB

A question for all you bluegill experts, I've found that if the gills will hit a top water spider or fly, then they will almost always hit a nymph or wet fly subsurface at least as well if not better. And there are many times when they won't venture to the surface to hit a rubber spider but they will still nail a wet fly. Have you found that to have any merit?

ive found that to be true also that subsurface flies work better more often,

also on partially cloudy days theybecome extremely active just as the sun is becoming hidden and just as it comes out again has anyone else experienced this