Fly Tying
Gregg A

Fly Box Swap

Would a mixed box of flys, say a mixture of bass, panfish, trout and saltwater flys, be okay for this swap? Or were you thinking of a more specific mix?

I would say a couple dozen to no more than 30 or 40 flies. We want it to be fun, not a chore to tie lots of flies.

Do we want to narrow it down a little more specific? That might make it easier. I'm open to anything so what would you prefer?

If its a specific fly Ill more than likely drop out, I think a mixed box is perfect, if ya want specific flies host a fly swap for it, and Im not trying to be an A-hole, 30-40 flies is perfect, thats less than 5 flies a day, thats not bad IMO. The reason I say a mixed box is simply not all people in this will be fishing for the same thing, or in the same reigon, say you tie up trout flies, what if a saltwater guy draws your number, then he is stuck with a bunch of flies he cant use, vice versa.

Okay I reread the fist paragraph of my origional post. What ever you want to tie is okay. The idea is to have fun with it, so tie whatever is fun for you. Sorry for the confusion.

This ones doing pretty good, I could already fill a box of 40, assortment of bass, trout, and panfish patterns. I have no life, there for I tie lotsa flies!!