Fly Tying
Don Stracener

Messy tying bench?

tdeyette,

You got them all beat so far. :hyst:

Looks like your space is kinda small you need a little more room.

This post is great, my wife says they all look the same, so maybe she will see it's not just me. :hyst:

Can we do better? or worse?

here's a quick one I took just now......I like to keep my 'cdc' donor close at hand! :hyst: :hyst:

Every now and then I'll get a good useable large feather, but she usually plays with them and destroys them in the process.....

IPB Image

That is 'Trixie', our Goffin Cockatoo.....

(and for all of you who saw EVERYTHING in that pic, my fly boxes arent packed full because I just moved everything into a box one size larger than they used to be in.....besides, I need room for all of your swap flys!!!)

I haven't posted a pic of my bench yet but here's my library in the my work room with my fly tying and rod building books. Get the picture? :hyst:

IPB Image

Ken B)

OH yea!

We are getting there now...... Maybe we should vote. I'm going for down2earthlv. :hyst:

I like that bird, can't belive it's got all it's feathers, or maybe is doesn't. :hyst:

I'll show you messy when I get home tonight....., here is a pic of when my desk was pretty clean a few months back... Now it's been relocated by the woman and it's 10x worse......IPB Image

It's only once a year it looks this clean. I even cleaned the tools as well. In a few days it'll be back to a messy pile of stuff on the desk. I just had to take a pic of it lookin clean.

We're looking for a mess, like steeldrifter's desk, now that's the one. :hyst:

<_<

:lol: I admit, its pretty bad right now. Thers actually a Holley 650 carb under that mess as well :hyst: :hyst:

Here is what happens when you dont put things back where they belong, and are too tired to care.

IPB Image

a closer look

IPB Image

So what you do is find somewhere else to tie, you will see materials for the striper swap I am holding

IPB Image

I am going to be laid off for the winter very soon, so I will have all the time in the world to straighten clean and organize