Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fly time

A proud display

post-4351-1163529089_thumb.jpgThis is a display of flies from the ( wet fly swap with a twist) swap, that was hosted by Don Stracner a while back, this was by far the best swap I have ever participated in, and the dedication of the tyers in this one was unbelievable, these flies were worthy of only one thing, so I did it!! here they are!!!

Very nice indeed, glad you had fun and it is nice to see some of the fly swap flies hit displays from time to time.

too cool FT

I thought that was a great idea/inspiration for a swap when i read it. thank you for sharing the finished product. It looks excellent!!!

A couple of things.

1. Gray Squirrel did not summit any flies in the Wet Swap. Signed up and said they where sent and lost in the mail.

2. The mounting of the flies with that little clip doesn't bring out the best features of the flies. A clear plastic post with the fly mounted about 1/2" out would make them look better.

3. The flies are and where nice ties, good looking flies. The picture, good as it might be does not do them justice.

I agree Don, but at the time thats all I could come up with, as for the clear pegs, I believe you are referring to a shadow box, I have them in a Riker box, if you can give me some suggestions on how to better what I have Im all ears, I would like it to look as nice as possiable. And I frogot about graysquirrel, that will be changed as well, Thanks.