Fly Tying
breambuster

Glueing Foam

Suppose I want to tie a foam hopper with two colors of foam. Say, a green on top and a yellow underneath. What product can I use to glue the two colors of craft foam together?

Thanks

BB

I was glueing foam last winter and looked for the super77 and couldn't find any. So I bought Elmer's (sic?) spray adhesive (the one with the elephant in the orange canister) and it worked awesome.

Inconnu has some great advice .... do it on newsprint ..... it is messy I lost some armhair :blink:

Slacker

For something non-toxic and cleaner, I've used "Tear Mender" to glue foam sheest--the same thing Scott Sanchez recommends for gluing rabbit strips on the Double Bunny streamer.

The glue--which is simply liquid latex-- should be put sparingly on both sheets to be glued (a series of dots of glue, a half to one inch apart). Then spread thinly with a wooden stick or similar device before pressing sheets together. Give it overnight to dry (then add the next layer). The glue/latex isasy to clean up if it leaks out (once dry, extra can be rolled off of surfaces with your fingers). The seal is strong yet flexible.

Most Walgreens drugstors carry Tear Mender where they have sewing and similar supplies.

i prefer the thick zap a gap glue but I just gound brush on krazy glue it is thin and comes in a bottle with a brush applicator It seems like a good product to worh with so far and it glues foam together awesome

you can buy craft foam that is a peel and stick on one side. stick two different colors together.

you can buy craft foam that is a peel and stick on one side. stick two different colors together.

That's too easy, Norm. Takes all the fun out of it. :P

I've had good success with ordinary contact cement. I have also used PVC cement, which works like contact cement when applied to materials other than PVC and is waterproof (as opposed to water resistant.)