Fly Tying
Catalpa_Joe

Here's Lookin' At You Swap

Here comes Santa Clause, Here comes Santa Clause...... :D

Those are great looking flies folks! By the way I screwed up my label. The hook I used was a Mustad #6 9672 I think.

Just got my package with the great assortment of flies.

Good work, everybody, and thanks again to C_J for hosting.

I'll open a thread within the next day on the first swap I'll be hosting -- if you'd like tie some "theme" Clousers, keep an eye out for the details and feel free to join in!

Bill

Super bunch of flies! I received mine in the mail yesterday.. Thanks for hosting Joe!

Just got mine today and WOW, there is some quality hardware here ,,great flies from everyone thanks,,,,B

Just got mine today and WOW, there is some quality hardware here ,,great flies from everyone thanks,,,,B

Batman: "Quality hardware" -- I like that term!

Bill

I was thinking of something that would probably be helpful to all of us in the swap. Since we may not be familiar with some of the patterns maybe we could post what species we go after with the fly we entered. Just a thought. I use my sparkle grub on smallmouth.

I was thinking of something that would probably be helpful to all of us in the swap. Since we may not be familiar with some of the patterns maybe we could post what species we go after with the fly we entered. Just a thought. I use my sparkle grub on smallmouth.

Good idea. I've not yet fished the "Shewey's Squirming Squid" I tied for this swap. It's a Northwest Coast rockfish pattern that I found in Dick Stewart and Farrow Allen's "Flies for Saltwater" (great source of patterns, in a great reference volume series). I'm planning in trying it out this year on Northeastern stripers.

Bill