Fly Tying

2006 Fly Tyer of the Year - Category Winners

I am exciting to announce the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place category winners in the 2006 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest. There was over 7000 votes in the first round and place in the top three of any category is a great achievement.

Congrats to all of the winners and once again I have to thank everyone who participated. It was a fun event this year, I think there was some impressive flies on display and in the end I hope everyone had fun participating and voting.

I mentioned a special twist this year when I announced the 2nd round voting. What I had done was for the member who tied a category winning fly they were displayed a random(not winning) fly from the same category that they entered. This way when they category winners voted in the 2nd round they had no idea that they were a part of the 2nd round voting. So the category winners are only finding out that they won right now. I think that everyone finding out at the same time is fun and it keeps things honest for the 2nd round voting.

Remember, the top three flies in each category will receive a medal and there are many other prizes that I will be mailing out once I sort everything out. J.Stockard will be sending all of the category winners a gift certificate and every participant will be receiving a $10 gift certificate from them as well!

Click this link to see the full list of category winners: http://flytyingforum.com/?act=special&page=2006winners

:headbang: congratulations to everybody, this has been a lot of fun, I can't wait till next year.

Great job smallie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B

Congrats to the winners!!! Very nicely done!!! it look like al of my picks won a prize!!! great job Will!!!!!!

Thanks Will for all of the hard work that yoou put into all of this.

Congrats to everyone that participated and to all of the category winners

Big congrat's to all the other winners and a big thanks to Will for doing so much a great job, year after year on the contest, every year gets better and better.

I'm very pleased to see many flies that I voted for and was really surprised and thrilled to see one of mine in the group.

Damian.

Good Job everyone!!!! Will, thank you for all of your work, this contest does not happen without you.

John