Fly Tying
dsaavedra

I DID IT!!!!!!

yay i finally did a fly wit veli auti style legs!!! i couldnt get pheseant tail to work rite so i gave up on that and decided to use turkey tail. it worked!!!!! yay! here is the fly:

IPB Image

Excellent! What a great looking fly! Very very nice.

Did you find it worked best to pull the fibers off the stem one at a time, or several at a time? Did quickly yanking them off work better than carefully and slowly pulling them up and off the stem?

Graham

thanks guys!!! for the legs i never tried to rip them off multiple at a time. and i found it worked best to rip them off slowly so as to preserve that material at the bottom. if i ripped it off too quickly it would sometimes break off. the tails are turkey tail fibers too as is the shell case and the antenne.

Congratulations on mastering the method of making the legs. :clapping:

The nymph looks great! Bet it will be killer on trout... :thumbup:

can i get a brief description of the veli auti style from one of you guys? i tried googling it and got a link to the thread that sparked my interest and this thread <_<

Hi, I was led to beleive , from Oliver Edwards that the feathers to use are Golden Pheasant centre and side tails, By pulling individual fibres slowly but steadily back towards the base of the quill you will after a bit of practice get the desired results.

John