Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

I got the flies Saturday, swaped out the flies that I wanted and will get the box in the mail Monday after work. Great set of flies.

Randy

Thanks for the updates Jim and Randy. Terry Lee will be next in line. Based on contacts that I've had from Terry Lee and aroostookbasser, they are itching to get their hands on the "mystery box", and I definitely can't blame them. Two more stops and the first cycle will be completed.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Hi everyone,

If there's still an opening I would like to join in on this if it's ok. I do have a suggestion, what if everyone involved mentioned what state they were in or what type of fishing they did? That way everyone would have an idea of what could be used and needed?

As for me, i'm from Tennessee, but the west side of the state.. no trout. But I fish with everything for everything... as long as my rod's bending im content :D

Hi ratfacemcdougal

The beauty of the mystery swap is seeing the great variety of flies tyed by the swappers. There are flies from #26 midges to 6" saltwater flies , with everything in between. Thats the mystery part of this swap.

Our swap has tyers from all over the usa, from oregon, maine , california and virginia and the rest of the country is represented ,especially the middle part of the country, with fishing for all types of interest. The next tyer in line to get the mystery box happens to be from your state of tennessee.

The first cycle has two tyers to go before the next cycle gets started. Check the previous posts to get an idea what the swap is about, then post again.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Hi ratfacemcdougal

The beauty of the mystery swap is seeing the great variety of flies tyed by the swappers. There are flies from #26 midges to 6" saltwater flies , with everything in between. Thats the mystery part of this swap.

Our swap has tyers from all over the usa, from oregon, maine , california and virginia and the rest of the country is represented ,especially the middle part of the country, with fishing for all types of interest. The next tyer in line to get the mystery box happens to be from your state of tennessee.

The first cycle has two tyers to go before the next cycle gets started. Check the previous posts to get an idea what the swap is about, then post again.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Hi Pat,

Great, the next time there is an opening could you or someone give me a few days notice and an address to send the flies to?

I am going to have to pass on the next go around

I got a lot on my plate right now

you guys fell free to garb my flys up I think I put 4 dozen of them in atleast

A big thanks to pat for putting all this together

FC

I am going to have to pass on the next go around

I got a lot on my plate right now

you guys fell free to garb my flys up I think I put 4 dozen of them in atleast

A big thanks to pat for putting all this together

FC

FC, I hate to see you go, particularly after the kind words you said about my flys. You will be missed.

I don't know if this is appropriate to bring up, but does this open up a spot for ratfacedmcdougal to join the rotation? Perhaps there is time for him to send some "seed" flys to Pat and get in on the fun?

I sent a message to ratffacemcdougal and welcomed him to the swap. Will send the information when he contacts me. Sorry to see fcflyguy leave . He was the first to sign up for this swap. I originally lived about 15 miles from where he lives. Many years ago, I was raised in the Pittsburgh area. Still a Steeler and Pirates fan.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

The "mystery box" was sent on its way from Calif., on April 27, so that means it"s been out there for about 10 weeks!!! The last feedback that I got from fasterfish, it should be on its way to terry lee, then it will be heading to aroostookbasser for the completion of the first cycle.

Terry lee and aroostookbasser are anxiously waiting for their chance to check out the great selection of flies.Then back to Calif. for cycle #2.

Looking forward to getting flies from the latest tyer , ratfacemcdougal.

He's busy tying up a nice mixture of flies.

Have a good one from hot and sunny calif. at 108 degrees!!!

Pat Carroll

When I first got this swap going, I kicked around the idea of having a second "true mystery box".The idea being the first box would be sent by the mailing order that is set up now. The second box would be sent by the receiving tyer to whomever the tyer would want to send the box , making sure I had the name of the next person in line. I have been in quite a few swaps with some of you, and could easily get the second box made up and sent on its way. Since terry lee and brent haven"t had a chance at the first box yet, I could send the second box to them at the start up.

I have no feedback when the first "mystery box" will be on its way to terry lee, when this does happen we can decide if we want to use the two box approach.

Let me know what you think, and if there aren't too many heartburns over this approach. I could have the second box on its way very shortly.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

I am happy to say I had the privilege of opening up the mystery box at about 1:00 AM this morning. I woke up late this morning, so it will probably be tomorrow or Friday before I send it on down the line, no later than Saturday barring unforeseen circumstances. Great bunch of flys!

Thanks for the messages fasterfsh and terry lee. aroostookbasser can now get prepared for his shot at the "mystery box". Then it can be sent on its way to the finish of the first cycle. What a great selection of flies!!!

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

The last message I was given ,this week, was the "mystery box' would be sent to arootookbasser this weekend.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll