Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

did not want to hold things up,so i had wife just mail it back out Sat. morn for me.Work kept me out a little longer.If confimation number wanted just let me know.

tt

Hey Gang,

Going through the box as I'm writing. Great looking flies everyone. I'm taking a few out & tossing in a few & will be mailing box out tomorrow afternoon. Better get the box in the mail before the BIG SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

30 to 40 inches predicted-unbelievable.

When did I move to Buffalo????????????????

Thanks

Steve

Pat I should have some bugs in the mail by the end of the week, I planned on sending them yesterday but WORK got in the way!!

good hearing from you, bassbugn. sounds as though the snow shovel might get some use, be careful. mother nature has sure been spreading a lot of strange weather this winter.

thanks for the update, c.teeter, I also heard from ridleyffo, he plans to send his flies very shortly. That will make 4 new tyers for the "mystery swap", joining oldhat and chollo. cycle 4 is heating up!!!

have a good one, stay tuned

pat carroll

And i have the other box.. It also will be going out first thing Monday morning.. be on the lookout Cencal!! I don't know when it got here but was waiting for me when i got back home on Saturday...

I plan to send the flies from the new tyers to cencalfly this weekend, which will be added to the regular "mystery box". I am sitting with some great flies from oldhat and chollo, rumor has it c.teeter will have his flies to me this week, then cycle 4 will up and running at the max.I will have the latest mailing sequence posted on the weekend.

Any interested new tyers will need to wait for a while , before the next cycle is up and running. My guess would be about 6 weeks.

With mother nature flexing her muscles, I hope you are all able to get back to a somewhat 'normal way of life." Here in californee, the much needed rain has eased up some.Last weekend there was a small earthquake centered close by, wasn't home, so didn't feel it. It was rated at 4.1, didn't cause any problems, such is life in the fast lane!!!

About a month from now, it will be my favorite tme of the year here. The fresh plant growth ,should be something else with the all the rain.

try to behave. have a good one

pat carroll

Pat

I put the flies in the mail today maybe mother nature will play nice and they will make it pretty quick.

Chris

I received flies from c.teeter on saturday. I have flies from oldhat and chollo ,also. they are boxed and ready to mail to cencalfly to blend in with the cycle 4 "mystery box ", heading his way. you are going to be very happy with these new flies, what a nice variety from some talented tyers. I will post the new mailing sequence in a day or so. 2 of the new tyers are from oregon and the other is from missouri. the 'mystery swap" has tyers from all over the nation, sure makes for fly selection comparisons. outstanding job "mystery swappers"!!!

have a good one

pat carroll

I sent a message to cheri, and she's interested in joining the next cycle. A differnt part of the country is heard from, she hails from arkansas.

hope all is going well for all of you. mother nature is still on a roll. should be getting some much needed rain, here in californee, in the next couple days. the local mountain peaks are covered with snow, some areas have over 6 feet of snow, the ski resorts are thriving, best conditions in years.

stay warm and dry, try to behave

pat

The regular box should be with aroosookbasser, coming to you next. I received a message from him last week, he is recovering from back surgery. Hope all is well with him.

I agree about the snow melt at yosemite, it should be spectacular. Read some information recently about big concerns at curry village with rock slide damages.

My wife and I are talking about a visit there this year, hope it works out.

I will post the new mailing sequence for the balnce of the regular swap of cycle 4 with the new additions.

have a good one

pat

Here is the new mailing sequence for the cycle 4 "regular mystery swap ", cencalfly is next to receive :

1. rich5665 - new jersey

2. kerusso - north carolina

3. bassbugn - virginia

4. flyfisher13 - kentucky

5. bigdaddyhub - kentucky

6. aroostookbasser - maine

7. cencalfly - california

8. will - pennsylvania

9. trouttraveler - michigan

10, oldhat - oregon

11. chollo - oregon

12. AFtier - california

13. c.teeter - missouri

14. colonelmel - kentucky

15. patcarroll - california

Have a good one

pat

received a message from aroostookbasser today. his recovery from a major back surgery has been slow but sure, he is feeling better. he recently received the " mystery boxes ', plans to mail them out next week. he appreciates our patience and hopes to be able to tie flies soon.

heres wishing him a speedy and complete recovery!! I've missed his enthusiastic comments.

have a good one

pat carroll