6. aroostookbasser - maine - the bear man received the box

7. smalltownfisherman - wisconsin -received the box

8. cencalfly - california - received the box

9. will - pennsylvania - received the box

10. trouttraveler - received the box

11. smalliefanatic - on the bubble

12. AFTier - california

13. patcarroll - california

If I hear any news jan, I'll pass it on.When the box lands at your doorstep, you are going to have a great variety of flies to check out, anxious to see your next group of flies.Hang in there .

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

At the start of this cycle, I had kicked around getting a "second true mystery box " going. This might be a good time to get it started. I should have plenty of flies from previous cycles to get this box on its way. In the next day or so, I should have it ready. smalliefanatic and AFTier , be ready.

Have a good one

Pat

I'm new here , but would love to be in this. I would like to show off & be imppresed

A couple years ago, we had this swap with 10 tyers (I still have the list), it started out well, then for some reason got bogged down.

The way it ran, each tyer sent the swap meister any 10-15 flies of his choice(which were tagged with the tyers name). The swap meister then put all the flies in the "mystery box", and sent the box to the first person that he had on the list that he had made. This list was sent to each tyer with the order of the next person in line.

When the tyer received the box, he would take out 10-15 flies of his choice, replace those with some more new flies, then send them to the next person in line.

I recognize some of the original tyers are still around, would you be interested and new tyers are certainly welcome.

The key to being successful is each person needs to move the flies to the next person in line in a timely manner.

I eally did get some nice flies and was able to see the talent thatwas out there.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

kevin, I sent you a message yesterday. llet me know if it came thru.

Received a message from trouttraveler, it was good news about his daughter's hospital visit with diabetes, she is doing much better. Great news!!! rick and his family is battling the flu, but he said the

mystery box will be on its way to smalliefanatic , west coasters be prepared. cycle 4 is just around the corner.

Have a good one

Pat

Expecting to hear that the "mystery box" is heading to smallfanatic's house. He is going to be more than pleasantly surprised. I suspect he is ready!!

Even though the swap has been on hold , there has been 2 more tyers , anxious and ready for the 4th cycle. Welcome aboard flymaker1 and colonel mel. flymaker1 has deep roots with the mystery swap, kevin lives in iowa, and ties up some great flies. welcome back. colonel mel is anxious to see what this swap is about , he's been busy tying up some flies, and hails from kentucky.

I would hope to have the 3rd cycle wrapped up in a couple weeks, and the 4th cycle should be something else. With winter fastly approaching, we are heading into some serious "mystery swap tying

times". I won't mention that it is to be 90 degrees in my neck of the woods tomorrow. oops , sorry!!!

Have a good one

Pat

Mel ties up some fantastic flies, anyone who has not been in a swap with him yet is in for a treat. Kevin welcome to the swap can't wait to see what you have in store for us. Rub it in Pat, I would relish some 90 degree weather about now. You can keep all the fires though.

smalliefanatic, the mystery box is in the mail and heading your way. You are in for quite a treat. AFtier, get prepared to check out some awesome flies.

Cycle 4 is just around the corner, anxious time ,again!!!

Have a good one

Pat

Hang in there smallie!!! colonel mel's message says there are some flies heading my way, anxious to check them out. Cycle 4 should be something else. Its great having tyers from all over the country, we are pretty well covered . Great choices and varieties of flies.

Can't seem shake the hot weather, 92 degrees today, I will gladly settle for some wet stuff and sweatshirt weather. Such is life in southern calif.

" go steelers "- be nice now!!!

have a good one

Pat

glad to see the box is moving right along and everyone is enjoying this swap Thanks a lot Pat for this wonderful thing!!! I am with Rich about Mel I have been in several swaps with him and he does good work and he says he has just been tying for a little while but he does some really neat pottery I have checked out his website.

I have been able to tye a few extra flies here and there when tying for a few other swaps I have been in in the last month or so in between taking care of the new one and the running of the other kids, but Chris is great and he really helps out a lot.

Anxious to see the box on the next round and for the 90 weather we would like some of that warm, we have only had a week of the 90 temps this year all we have had is rain, rain and a little more rain. Fishing wasn't as it usually is this past spring and summer and the fall hasn't been much better. Well there is always the trout stream 45mins away and next spring will be here before we know it.

Well wishing to everyone and have fun.

Jamie

... I am with Rich about Mel I have been in several swaps with him and he does good work and he says he has just been tying for a little while but he does some really neat pottery I have checked out his website.

........Jamie

Aw, shucks, maam. Thanks for the compliments, Rich and Flyfisher. Hope I live up to it.

Colonel Mel

Have recieved the box!!!! Some crazy good tyin in there! Gonna sort through it tonight and try to have it in the mail tommorrow if it all works out. :headbang: