Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Pat.. don't know how everyone else feels but have you thought about holding up the next round till after the holidays?? Seems like this time of year is when most packages i have lost this is when it happens..not only that but the hustle and bustle of the season things tend to get put on back burner and forgotten about for a spell... Just a idea.. don't know how everyone else feels....

Pat - I would agree with Will. Maybe start Round 4 in early January. With Thanksgiving, Chanukah, Christmas and New Years, it's going to be a rough 40 days. Just my two cents worth.

I definitely agree. The next 6 weeks are very busy times, and the first of the year would be a fine time to launch cycle 4. Would expect to hear from some of the other tyers.

Have a good one

Pat

That time will also give me a bit of time to get settled in and find most my tying material again..Should have some pretty good flies tied up for this next go around!!

Jamie and I agree....First of the year is great with us...will give use time to play with the materials Santa brings her ( and the coal for me).

You act like you are pretty sure that you will be getting coal!! Question is just how bad were you?? Maybe coal isn't even in the equation!!

message has been sent to all the tyers about holding cycle 4 until the first of the year. all respondees, no problem.

heres wishing the very best to cencalfly, he"s had some recent visits to the hospital with heart related issues. certainly hope all goes well.

when the "mystery boxes" return to californee, I will have time to do some sorting and get CYCLE 4 ready for the 2010 blastoff. might even do some woodworking stuff, ah!!! the smell of wood, now be kind!!!

stay tuned , its been "a good un". this has been a fun group.

have a good one

pat

Pat still waiting for my info from R/H and C4C.....will send details as soon as I get the packets.

Anybody out there know a local chapter we could support????

Sorry for delay........ got caught in the beaurocracy.

Got a message from AFtier, he seems to be very satisfied with the "mystery boxes".

Hope all is well with all of you, and heres hoping you and your families have a Great Thanksgiving.

It looks as though we will have 14 tyers, cycle 4 will soon be heating up. stay tuned.

have a good one, try to behave

pat

Heres the latest mailing sequence for cycle 4.

Expect to have the "mystery boxes" landing at my doorstep very shortly. Then I can check out the great variety of flies. I will then have some time to get ready for the next cycle. I do plan to have the second box running for the next go around.

Welcome aboard, colonelmel. hang in there.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

1. rich5665 - new jersey

2. kerusso - north carolina

3. bassbugn - virginia

4. flyfisher13 - kentucky

5. bigdaddyhub - kentucky

6. aroostookbasser - maine

7. smalltownfisherman - wisconsin

8. cencalfly - california

9. will - pennsylvania

10. trouttraveler - michigan

11. smalliefanatic - washington

12. AFTier - california

13. colonel mel - kentucky

14. patcarroll - california

No news on the "mystery boxes". haven't had any feedback from Aftier, hope all is okay.

Won't be too long for cycle 4 to be up and running. Anxious to see what goodies are in the boxes.

Have a good one

Pat