Fly Tying
billb

School Colors Clouser Swap

Hello, Bill...

Send an addy - I will mail them to you no later than Tuesday - Monday if I can find a Altoids box to put them in. Try to post a picture later.

Thanks for the host. I am learning a lot.

The first batch of this swap's flies arrived today!

flyrod98's blue/white Deep Minnows are very nicely tied, as you can see in the photo he posted a few days ago. He sent a couple extra flies: a pretty Thunder Creek Rainbow Trout for Addie and a Murdich Minnow that I'm looking to take out to the closest pike lake. Thanks, Bill!

billy: You're welcome. Glad to hear that you're learning through this swap -- that's half the fun of doing these things.

Bill

Bill,

Glad to hear my flies got there. I hope to find another nice set of clousers waiting for me, when my wife and I get back from our 3 week road trip. Your fly looks good, but for some reason it doesn't enlarge when I click on it. :dunno:

Hello Bill...

USPS has my set of flys. I forgot to take a picture, so I tied another to represent what you have on the way.

The flys are from my old high school where I still volunteer as a public address announcer and coach girl's soccer. Hey, we won the GA State Championship in football this past winter. I have a ring to show off for it.

Picture of the fly:

post-9603-1176159363_thumb.jpg

Picture of the ring:

post-9603-1176159504_thumb.jpg post-9603-1176159521_thumb.jpg

Sent two extras - one for you and one for Addie... something I just tried with some artificial hair.

post-9603-1176159407_thumb.jpg

post-9603-1176159490_thumb.jpg

post-4800-1176160035_thumb.jpg

Bill,

Glad to hear my flies got there. I hope to find another nice set of clousers waiting for me, when my wife and I get back from our 3 week road trip. Your fly looks good, but for some reason it doesn't enlarge when I click on it. :dunno:

Bill: I haven't been able to figure out why my photo thumbnails won't enlarge. I wonder if it's because, in my attempt to keep them from eating up to much storage space and download time (I'm creating the JPEGs at the smallest setting available --160 x 120 pixels), I've made them too small.

Have sized this JPEG larger (I think) -- let's see if it works!

Bill

billy: Thanks for the photos (and for tying the extra fly so folks can see what you've sent), as well as for the extra flies you've sent for Addie and me! Will confirm receipt when your package gets here.

fellow swappers: The 2nd image of my fly does enlarge -- is the enlarged view big enough, or should I make future image files larger? I'm new to posting images and am trying to avoid unnecessarily long download times, but it would defeat the purpose of posting in the first place if folks can't get a good enough look at flies. Please let me know what you think.

Bill

post-4800-1176160035_thumb.jpg

Bill,

Bill: I haven't been able to figure out why my photo thumbnails won't enlarge. I wonder if it's because, in my attempt to keep them from eating up to much storage space and download time (I'm creating the JPEGs at the smallest setting available --160 x 120 pixels), I've made them too small.

Have sized this JPEG larger (I think) -- let's see if it works!

Bill

Your fly really looks good. I especially like to background you choose to photograph it on. I like to post mine at around 600 or 700 pixels wide

Hey bill, so I don't double up on your green and gold and I'm gonna go with one of the other sets of colors from the Ducks 5,000 different uniform combinations and go with black and green.

Hey bill, so I don't double up on your green and gold and I'm gonna go with one of the other sets of colors from the Ducks 5,000 different uniform combinations and go with black and green.

Pelhament: Green and black would be great. I wouldn't have had a problem with another set of green and yellow/gold flies, but the variety will be nice! Thanks for your flexibility.

Bill

Please send me address. Not sure if they will be the orange and purple Clemson or the orange and white Clemson.

Things kind of crazy here. Don't be upset if you get the flies the 11th.

Please send me address. Not sure if they will be the orange and purple Clemson or the orange and white Clemson.

Things kind of crazy here. Don't be upset if you get the flies the 11th.

troutguy:

Address sent via PM. Will look forward to seeing your Clemson flies, whichever color combination you choose.

Bill

fellow swappers:

billy's flies have arrived, with several extras for Addie and me and ziplock plastic sleeves that I'll use in packaging everybody's flies for distribution -- thanks, billy!

Three dozen down and nine to go.

Bill