Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DaUP

Lost Another Good Friend

Last week a group of kids were coming back from a concert, there were 4 kids in the car when they were 1/2 an hour from home the driver woke up the guy in the back seat and told him to drive, the kid in the back seat was drunk and said he didn't want to drive but he reluctantly got behind the wheel. While driving in a rural area he fell asleep, when he did his foot dropped on the accelerator and the car began veering off the road. The passenger grabbed the wheel to straiten out the car but they lost control and rolled off the road. Only the driver was wearing his seat belt, the other three were thrown from the car. The guy in the back seat crawled up the ravine and tried to wave down a car on the highway but no one would stop, he walked down the road to the nearest house nearly a mile away, knocking on the door covered in blood nearly unconscious. When the paramedics arrived they air lifted 2 of the kids to Duluth. Krysta sustained major injuries but will survive, Cody one of my closer friends wasnt so lucky when he arrived in Duluth he was placed on life support untill his mother arrived 3 hours later and they pulled the plug. Alan who was driving sustained 2 broken wrists. Chad who walked to the house is doing fine, his face is rather beat up though.

Cody's funeral was today, I don't think I have cried that hard in a long time. They had a video that he had made with him doing stuff like snowboarding and saying what he wanted to do with his life. Cody lived everyday like it was his last, he never thought twice about giving you a hand with everything he could. I remember one time there was a kid who tried to fight me but the teachers broke it up so after school we planned on finishing it up. So i grabbed my stuff as quick as I could and ran out to the parking lot after school. When I got down there Cody was standing there yelling at the kid, as I walked up Cody told me to stand back he was going to take care of this one. He beat the living shit out of the kid, and ended up getting suspended for 3 days, but thats the kid of guy Cody was, he was always there to help.

Krysta's been through some tough time lately. Last summer her boyfriend was out at Lake Superior diving off the breakwater the area he dove into was to shallow and he ended up breaking his back and is now parallelized from his lower back down. Now her boyfriend died in an accident. It takes a strong person to go threw all of that.

In the last year there have been multiple crashes where the driver has fallen asleep at the wheel and someone has died, in all of them the driver has been charged with manslaughter. No one has told the police that Alan was the one that was driving but his broken wrists make it rather obvious.

Sorry to hear that your friend passsed away. I recently had a friend who got lucky and only ended up with a broken back but same overall story. I know it's not easy but our thoughts are with you

Jon and Family

Sorry to hear that man, I just lost a good friend last week in a wreck, she was hit head on by a guy driving a stolen car which was being chased by police through 6o'clock traffic. Both my friend and the moron that stole the car were pronounced DOA. She left behind many many friends, a great husband, and a 3 year old lil boy. I have lost so many friends to wrecks, it sickens me, and in HS my girlfriend was killed in a wreck on Christmas Eve.

Dustin.