Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
panfisherteen

A fly I tied yesterday

Im wondering what you guys think of this fly:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/pan...teen/fly004.jpg

i was trying to make a clouser,but i didnt have any dumbell eyes so i tied on a BB shot,which when i tied on the materials,the materials flared a bit.It is about 2" long,and i would think it would catch fish.(p.s.,i accidentally forgot to make sure the material was spaced nicely,so on the other side,you can see the BB shot)

Yep, I think it'll catch fish....especially crappie. I tied a small streamer that looked very similar and had a blast when I located a school of them. Good luck :)

if you want a good substitutue for dumbell eyes, take two beads with holes in em, and run some monofiliment line through the eyes and singe the ends. It will make a good set of eyes, and they'll stay put when you tie em in. by the way, good fly.

i used pliers to put it on,then when i was wrapping thread,i simply wrapped thread through the part of the BB that you press on to open on(i put the thread in the gap part)

it'll work! If I can catch fish with some of the abominations that leave my vise, you should have nothing to worry about!

nice fly dustin! my only concern would be castibility. if you can get it out there...then it will definitley catch you some rockies at the least!!!!!!!