Fly Tying

Daughter big day!!!!!!!!

Well as some of you know my 11 year old twin daughter as been type 1 diabetic from the age of 5. Today was her big day. We spent 4 hours in class learning how to use and get accustomed to her new insulin pump. She is so excited about it.She all hooked up and running. No more needles 4-5 times a day to get her insulin and lantus. Works just like a pancreas delivering insulin 24 hours a day. Every 3 days we have to change site location. Pretty much the only time she get a needle but in her. Every 3 days that is a plus. Poke her with a needle that puts the catheter in her,needle comes out boom,you are done hook it up to machine size of pager with cartridge of insulin. Just thought i'd share her excitement and the enjoyment of not getting poked all day everyday long with needles.

JBrowning She remembered back while ago talking to you about her.She wanted me to let you know.With big smile from her :D :D :D :D .

Rick And Shelby.

Thats Great!! i have friend who is on the pump and controling his levels is a lot easier now. How are you doing back to work???

Not back to work yet...Surgery next week or the following.She is reacting great to it.Levels have been excelent all day.

tt

Great news Rick, I wish her the very best. My mother was diabetic and it was a constant problem for her all her life. With the new procedures, we can hope and pray for the best.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

That is SO COOL-RAGEOUS!!!! Rick. :yahoo: :yahoo: I am glad they were able to get her on it and she is taking to the pump so well. Give her a high 5 for me. Now she can get her life back to normal again. You could also notice her boughts with colds and infections will be shortened greatly (or at least I did).

You all take care and don't hesitate to holler if you have a question or you just need to yack to someone about this.

Take care

Jim (jbrowning)

Rick, that is great news, I bet she is so thrilled about not gettin stuck anymore!!! Congrats for the both of ya!!

Dustin

Congratulations. It's amazing how resilient our kids are, although it kills us to see them go through the tough stuff.

Bill

That is great, I used to watch my older sister giver herself her needle all the time. I was a boy, when it was time for her needle I would drop what ever I was doing and come running to sit by here side and watch. She now has some sort of new type of needle that you just press a button and its all done

Great newes Rick. Its amazing how they can treat that so easily now a days. I remember my grandpa having to inject himself all the time. Now theres even sports player that play in the MLB while wereing one of the insulin pumps. Tell her we're all happy for her B)

Steve

Isn't technology amazing! If I think back to a friend of mine who had it in the '60's things were alot different for him. I'm so glad to here that your daughter is doing well. Does she fish by the way? :)

JUST WANT TO LET YA KNOW EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT.BEST SUGAR READINGS SHE HAS HAD IN A WHILE.THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS.

YES SHE LIKES TO FISH.EVEN TRIES IN THE YARD TO CAST FLY ROD.LEARNING TO TIE ALSO.

BIG THANKS AND SMILES FROM DAUGHTER TO YOU ALL.

RICK@SHELBY

From another father of twin daughters, I'm happy to hear your good news, glad to hear the new device is working successfully for her.