Fly Tying
Tauchsieder

breathable chest waders

Reading about Bigfoot here brought me this question <_<

I'll be at Nova Scotia in September and actually planned to take my waders with me. But now I need a new one and at all shops I've been told, they have to order my size oversea. So I'm thinking about buying it via internet at the States or Canada and let it be shipped to the lodge in order to save shipping costs. Do somebody knows by chance where I can get some waders in my size? We're talking about

stockingfoot waders for a person with 6 ft 4 in / 280lbs and footsize 14 at least..................

Do you have an suggestions where I can find such waders?

Thanks

Hartmut

I'm 6'6", 220 pounds, but "only" wear a size 12 or 13 shoe (depending on the brand). I managed to get by with a pair of plain ol' XLs, but getting my feet in and out is tricky work.

No idea where you'd order something like that from, but I like the idea of shipping straight to the lodge.

Well , I have a problem when I buy waders also I am 6ft 8 and wear a 13/14 depending on the cut of the shoe, but I weigh only 218. To get a wader to fit my height and shoe size I have enough wader left over to build a tent out of.

As to your question try Orvis.com they carry a few different ones in the 14 shoe range.

Jeff

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I 've forwarded them to my minister of finance and logistic :)

all the best

Hartmut

BTW: I don't think I'm overweight at my size, maybe I'm just a bit short for my weight ;)

I'm 6'5" and 300 lbs. Went to Cabelas over the weekend and bought a pair of waders. They were XL and fit pretty decent. They also had an XXL which I swum in...would have been good for someone over 34" inseam and over a 45" waist. I also ended up with a 14 boot.

I'm 6'6" 300lbs with a 35" inseam and a size 14 foot. I have two pair of breathables that I use. One is a XL-king Simms freestone. They fit but theres no room to layer up fleece or anything under them for cold weather. I also have the Cabelas XXL that were mentioned in the above post and like them pretty well. They fit with enough room in them to layer up some fleece in the cold weather and not be too tight. Only thing I dont like about the Cabelas waders are that they have that little "sleeve" thing on the legs which is supposed top let water out. I HATE them things on waders and dont know why companies still put them on them because all they do is fill with water between the "sleeve" and the outer wader and then your lugging around the water till you step out to where the water is shallower. Companies need to stop putting them things on waders <_<

Steve