Fly Tying

Announcement: 2007 FTOTY Contest

Could not get to the information page for the fly tying contest.

link came up as below,

Not Found

The requested URL /"http://www.flytyingforum.com/contest/" was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Could not get to the information page for the fly tying contest.

link came up as below,

Not Found

The requested URL /"http://www.flytyingforum.com/contest/" was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I recieve the same message from time to time.

Will, second question of the day... I will be submitting a few flies for the FTOTY and I was wondering if 1. We get the flies back? and 2. When should we send the submissions, is it too early? Thanks I just joined the site so I apologize for all the questions. I'll get the hang of it.

Matt,

1. No, I keep the flies. They are all mounted in a display case that travel with me anytime I have a booth at a show. They are used to promote FTF.

2. Send them anytime, I have already received 3 packages...

Will,

What is the offical due for the flies for the contest. I seem to remeber a poll going around about December 31st or October 31st. I would offical clairifaction about the due date

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows what salmon fly pattern in on the header for 2007 FTOTY Contest, the orange pattern, or if there are more pictures of it posted in the forum.

Thanks,

Keith

Do I need to send in flies just for the rookie contest or do I mark one of the other flies for another category?

If I send in multiple flies can I mark them all for the rookie contest?

Am I only allowed to send in 1 fly for the trout group or am I allowed to send in one fly for each category under the trout group? It doesn't say anything on quantity under trout but it does for bass so I wasn't sure.

For the trout categories you can send one dry, one subsurface and one streamer. Whatever flies you send it they will be entered into a regular category and the rookie category.