Fly Tying
stony

Stimulator Swap

This swap was one of the better swaps I have been in. I didn't think there was a bad stimi in the bunch. Each and every one of them was a quality fish catching tie.

Great job to all who were in this and I appreciate you all getting into this swap.

Mine came in the mail yesterday....always the day after I leave! :wallbash: :hyst: Oh well...I'll see em' when I get home next time :yahoo:

I got my flies yesterday. Y'all are awesome!!!! Great ties everyone!

Now, question about mine. That was the first time I ever tied a Stimulator. Would you have any suggestions as to how to make it better. I have only been tying since the spring and am trying to learn all the tying techniques. So if you have any suggestions on how to make them better I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

DJ

dj, I thought your fly was pretty good for a 1st time :thumbsup: ....I would just work on the proportions ....maybe even go to a bigger size hook until you get used to the pattern. I know someone who ties most flies very well, but when it come to Stimulators he's all thumbs & pretty much has to beg me to tie him some......it keeps my fridge full of beer. ! :cheers:

Stony,

I tyed our stimi on today for some Illinois Trout (aka Chub). :hyst:

I caught fish all day on that thing. :headbang:

Thanks for the swap everyone, and the flies.

Awesome swap. :D

Juice :P

That's awesome. Those stimi's are amazing on small streams. I haven't used an Adam's ever since.