Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ciaran

first catch

i just wanted to share the joy that i felt on monday morning when i caught for the first time ona fly i tied. What a special experience,I've never been so proud of myself, from now on i think my own flies are the only way to go!!

Congratulations on you first catch on a self tied fly, that is great! :headbang:

I don't mind catching fish on any fly I have, but always seem to enjoy it more on my own ;)

Hope to see you stick around as you progress with your flies.

That's great! I think most folks get hooked on tying when that happens. If you still have that fly, retire it to a place of honor and hold on to it.

Stick around this site and you'll pick up an awful lot of help and tips as you improve your tying. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

thanks very much for the welcome guys, i can understand thats why most people get hooked on tying but i was already addicted!

I think there should be fly tying anonymous meetings cause i'm an addict already and i doubt i could ever give up(not that i'd ever want to)!!

I remember my first fish on a fly I tied - about 7 years ago - it was a smallmouth in Sugar Creek in Western Indiana on a funky crayfish pattern. I've since moved to Alaska, and about six weeks ago I caught my first king (that's her at left) in 15 years, my first one ever on a fly, and it was on a pattern I designed, tied, and was fishing for the first time. Great experience - I doubt I'll ever forget either of these 'firsts'.

Congratulations, and welcome. Stick around - we look forward to getting to know you.